Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Infinity Ward Departures

Lead Designer Todd Alderman and Lead Software Engineer Francesco Gigliotti have parted ways with Infinity Ward, notes Kotaku by way of the pairs' LinkedIn profiles. This follows their recent speculation that staff was hanging in with the Call of Duty developer following the firing of studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West to collect bonuses. The nature of the departures isn't explained, though Kotaku says "a source close to the studio suggests they both resigned."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 23:55 Jackplug

Infinity Ward, who?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 16:18 ^Drag0n^

You need to feel a little superhuman, otherwise why play? The game was, as I said, no less plausable than an episode of 24 and Human Target. If it was relistinc it would be more boring than 30 minutes of ArmA, which, while a great sim, isn't an "action packed thrill ride."

It also explains what is truly at the root of most people's venting during online games---they want to be as good as they think they are.

Me? I'm just happy when my K2D ratio is >1, especially since 90% of the players are less than half my age

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

11. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 14:49 Flatline

^Drag0n^ wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 12:52:
All that said, I thought the single-player game was great in MW2. I just hope that the writers keep the story's momentum going forward. You could definitely tell that the writers came from NCIS--the story wa polished and a little over the top...like a good episode of 24 or Human Target.

A *little* over the top?

Let's see here... jumping snowmobiles over 100 foot chasms, 3 men gunning down an entire airport & the response team, nukes going off over Washington DC, a final bad guy with a completely unrealistic motivation for doing what he's done, killing 99% of the characters in a desperate attempt to recreate the shock of the one PC death in the first game...

The single player game was a mess. I approved of and enjoyed elements of it, the breech & clear moments were particularly fun, but the game fell apart when it abandoned realism and went *cough* a "little over the top".

10. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 12:52 ^Drag0n^

I'm guessing that there won't be an exodus, otherwise we would have seen it the moment that the payday hit. In all honesty, it's hard to get and keep a job in this industry, and security in these economic times trumps most anything else.

Most of the choices that people here seemed to disagree with came from the departed leaders, and it seems like none of those changes are migrating to the Treyarch entry coming later this year. So, from that point, I'm surprised at some of the hostility still shown here toward Activision.

All that said, I thought the single-player game was great in MW2. I just hope that the writers keep the story's momentum going forward. You could definitely tell that the writers came from NCIS--the story wa polished and a little over the top...like a good episode of 24 or Human Target.

And, while I totally disagreed with West's divergence from the norm on Client/Server for the PC. I get what they were trying to do, and I have to admit that I still go back to it now and again (when friends play, that is), but BBC2 and Borderlands are my choice of poison ATM.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

9. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 12:24 That Guy

Very happy to say I loved the game. The only issues I experienced were the same ones that plague nearly all XBL games, that being retarded XBL users. The game itself was a blast. I'd still be playing it with my buds if Bad Company 2 hadn't stolen us away.  

8. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 12:23 BobBob

Mature or nature?  

7. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 12:05 Nameless Again

You made me promises, promises...
Knowing I'd believe.
Promises, promises...
You knew you'd never keep.

6. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 11:40 xXBatmanXx

I can proudly say I did not buy this game - by the sounds of it - I am not missing anything.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 11:36 Zardoz5

Activision finally paid out their MW2 bonuses? I hope these guys start up a new studio and create some new, interesting IPs, pretty please!  

4. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 11:08 Paketep

nin wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 10:29:
Wrong thread, McFly. :)

Not that wrong, really. After all, MW2 is also crap, and the DRM and lack of servers would be more than reason enough to demand a refund.

3. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 10:47 InBlack

...and thats the way the cookie crumbles. Another great studio brought to its knees by greed and money.

Lets see how long it takes before the dragon starts eating its favorite child. My guess would be as soon as the numbers start dropping in WoW, obviously sooner if for some unexpected reason the next expansion bombs...

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 10:29 nin

Personally If I had bought this crap I would have requested, if not demanded a refund. I hope you all are reading this about Ubishits DRM and won’t be buying their new Clancy game. If you all do then you deserve what you get.

Wrong thread, McFly.

And buh-bye, IW. Won't miss ya that much...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Infinity Ward Departures Apr 6, 2010, 10:27 Darks

Personally If I had bought this crap I would have requested, if not demanded a refund. I hope you all are reading this about Ubishits DRM and won’t be buying their new Clancy game. If you all do then you deserve what you get.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo