Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue

The Settlers 7 Forums indicate that problems with the DRM in The Settlers 7, which requires a constant internet connection, are continuing, if not getting worse, as there has been what the UK Forum Manager refers to as a "recent 'explosion' in posts." There are reports from players in various territories who have been unable to play the game for a couple of days, some of these including word of corrupted saved games. Thanks Xirix.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 11:06 Lord Tea

Darks wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 10:46:
Ubishit doesnít give a ratís ass about what anyone thinks or says. To them itís the bottom line and apparently they donít give a damn how many people they piss of along the way..

I personally donít feel sorry for anyone that buys Ubishit games. You guys all knew what you were getting beforehand and now you all are getting what you deserve.
Boycott Ubishit so we can force change.

I totally agree with this part of the post. Problem is that those fools are now spamming the whole interweb with their stupid DRM problems.

UPSA = United Police States of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 11:05 SpectralMeat

Darks wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 10:46:
Ya kind of like the L4D2 boycott, that did get pretty far. As long as people are buying games with this DRM developers won't care what a silly boycott group has to say.

I am sure there are problems with this DRM scheme but overall I don't think it is as bad as the media make it out to be. Settlers 7 is still on the top 10 seller list on Steam, ever since it's been released.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 11:04 Wolfen

Well, im glad I didnt buy this game then. Thanks to knowing that UBI's DRM is punishing and horrible.  

5. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:51 Verno

Is that kind of like "Remember guys we're dealing with the Americans who are all gun crazy drunks who beat their wives and have southern accents"? I have news for you man, not all French people are the silly stereotype you have been spoon fed by the media. Just like not all Americans are ignorant drunken racists who love guns and not all Canadians are peace loving hippies who live in igloos. Ignorance is not a virtue.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

4. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:46 Darks

Remember guys we are dealing with the French, since when have the French ever done anything smart or right? So what the fuck do you thinks going to happen? Ubishit doesnít give a ratís ass about what anyone thinks or says. To them itís the bottom line and apparently they donít give a damn how many people they piss of along the way..

I personally donít feel sorry for anyone that buys Ubishit games. You guys all knew what you were getting beforehand and now you all are getting what you deserve.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

3. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:36 Elessar

It amazes me how Ubi is stubbornly sticking with this DRM. I mean, this shit is getting bad and until they fix it completely or remove it, they're conveying that customer satisfaction simply does not matter.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

2. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:29 Verno

Yeah I kinda wondered how they were dealing with that. If a transfer gets truncated due to loss of connectivity, how are they ensuring save game validity? One assumes they would check the file for integrity but I don't want to give a publisher too much credit  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

1. Re: The Settlers 7 DRM Woes Continue Apr 6, 2010, 10:29 Iridium

Save game corruption in the Settlers, too? People on the Subsim forum are still reporting losing save games if they save in the online mode. Wonder if the two are connected. Oh wait, yes, they are, heh.  

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo