Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage

A site on formspring.me created by George Broussard features answers to fan- submitted questions about a variety of topics (thanks Big Download), including Duke Nukem Forever, the first-person shooter that was to have gone gold last week until the demise of 3D Realms. He also addresses this trailer, saying: "That second trailer is not official and is a low quality fan made trailer created out of some leaked footage a 'fan' grabbed from a level designer portfolio site. They [sic] music and voice was all added by the video creator."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 6, 2010, 08:23 InBlack

Who among us here wouldnt love to play a new iteration of Duke? I know I would. Do not under-estimate the power of nostalgia. Duke Nukem will probably haunt us a long time from now. I mean George is a tragic bastard, but IF Duke ever shows his face in a PC game again Im pretty sure I would be interested.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 6, 2010, 02:15 Jerykk

I love the whole "complaining about complaining" argument... if your wife constantly nagged at you, complaining about every little thing you did, would you just have to ignore it, otherwise be a complainer yourself?

The big difference is that the original complainers aren't complaining about anyone specific on these boards. They are complaining about a topic they care about. Conversely, anti-complainers exist to complain about specific complainers. Therefore, the nagging wife in your example would be analogous to the anti-complainers, not the complainers.

28. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 21:03 Ruffiana

No offense but if someone has made the same complaints for the 100th time, then your complaint about the complaining, is the same complaint for the 50th time.

I think you should appreciate the irony about complaining about complaining. I would also hope you see the logical fallacy in it as well.

Oh, here we go. The complaining about the complainers complaining about the complaining again!

27. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 20:50 Prez

I'm trying to decide which is the more hypocritical. I mean, complaining about complaining is right up there, but on the other hand, how serious can you be about not wanting to hear any more DNF news when you proceed to make it the most active thread of the day?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one want to hear more Duke Nukem news. News that the property has been delivered into the hands of an actual competent studio who intends to actually do something other than jerk everyone's chain for over a decade.

As far as this little tidbit, it's pretty worthless, but it DOES remind me I haven't said anything bad about one of the gaming industry's biggest fakes, Broussard, in far too long. So that's something.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 19:33 Kosumo

Well put Bhruic Thumbsup  

25. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 19:04 Bhruic

The irony is that the anti-complainers are way more bitchy and whiney than the complainers on Bluesnews.

I'm trying to decide which is the more hypocritical. I mean, complaining about complaining is right up there, but on the other hand, how serious can you be about not wanting to hear any more DNF news when you proceed to make it the most active thread of the day?

Stop talking about it, and maybe they will.

24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 18:51 Tanto Edge

A number of game developers have put up Formspring accounts in the last few weeks, actually ...
...Why should George have all the fun? =)

Yeah, why should George be the only industry hack waxing lackadaisically into the ethernet?
With earth movers like Romero and Hemby, let's all tune in.

I'll stick with the podcasts, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

23. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 17:22 Prez

The irony is that the anti-complainers are way more bitchy and whiney than the complainers on Bluesnews.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 17:16 PHJF

What is this game, a fucking zombie? Do I have to come by 3DR and put a fucking bullet in its head to make it stay down?

Hey let's all sit around and talk about canceled game projects, anyone have any juicy new info on SC Ghost?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 16:43 StingingVelvet

Overon wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 15:48:
The only people making a big deal are the same people making the same complaints for the 100th time. So if all you guys can do is complain, don't you at least come up with new complaints, if not why bother posting?
No offense but if someone has made the same complaints for the 100th time, then your complaint about the complaining, is the same complaint for the 50th time.

I think you should appreciate the irony about complaining about complaining. I would also hope you see the logical fallacy in it as well.

I love the whole "complaining about complaining" argument... if your wife constantly nagged at you, complaining about every little thing you did, would you just have to ignore it, otherwise be a complainer yourself?

Saying "wow you guys complain a lot" is not instantly hypocritical, especially on Blue's News.

20. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 15:48 Overon

The only people making a big deal are the same people making the same complaints for the 100th time. So if all you guys can do is complain, don't you at least come up with new complaints, if not why bother posting?

19. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 15:21 wtf_man

Acleacius wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 15:03:

I wasn't complaining per se... I think DNF news bits are still gaming news, and I still have an interest as to what's going on, unlike some folks. I was just saying that I have more interest in the Law Suit than George's ramblings (unless he talks specifically about the suit or DNF completion... which he won't do either). And yes... I think Take Two should win.. they've obviously put up with as much crap, if not more, from 3DRealms than the gaming community.

It's going to be a drama that slowly unfolds... much like the SCO / Novell thing. With hope... not as slow, though.

18. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 15:03 Acleacius

What's the big deal, George has always made posts/communicated/chatted (given the circumstances) with fans best he could just like any dev, their geeks too?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 15:01 MrBone

Someone just needs to put these "developers" out of their misery. I am so sick of hearing about this Mother of Vaporware Duke Nukem 3D. Broussard has become a serious joke. It just isn't funny anymore.  

16. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 14:44 wtf_man

Well... I'm more interested in the outcome of the Take-Two / 3DRealms lawsuit, than George's blurbs.

Not that I think the game is coming out either way... but a Take-Two win would be some justice, IMO.

/shrug

15. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 14:06 space captain

seems like it still gets alot of people really going

"WE DONT CARE!! ARRGRGGRGGGGGRGGGRGGGHHHGHGH!!"

yeh... ok

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 13:42 Overon

Come on, guys, George is just keeping it real.  

13. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 12:58 xXBatmanXx

Woot!

thanks for stopping in Kenn!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Way to bury the lead, Bluesnews Apr 5, 2010, 12:54 J

Duke Nukem is somewhere between Jesus and Whack-a-mole. It dies, resurfaces, gets bopped, dies, resurfaces...  

11. Way to bury the lead, Bluesnews Apr 5, 2010, 12:17 Jonah14

Did you just say Duke Nukem Forever is FINISHED?  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo