Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Changes for Gordon Freeman

Computer and Video Games quotes Valve's Gabe Newell saying there is no plan to alter the Gordon Freeman character for the presumed eventual release of Half-Life 2: Episode Three, Half-Life 3, LEGO: Half-Life, or whatever project will eventually see the return of the beloved geek protagonist. "We haven't had a reason to change that. Most of what I've seen to date has been gimmicky and is entertaining for just a minute or so," he says, adding thoughts on giving the normally silent Gordon a voice: "We're not philosophically opposed to this, but we don't have any good reasons to do it. Right now making your companions more interesting and compelling seems a more fruitful avenue to explore."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 6, 2010, 02:10 Prez

Half-Life 3 and Lego Half-Life had better be 2 separate games or I'll drive to Bellevue, WA. and burn down Gabe Newell's favorite fried chicken joint.

While I'm really running short on patience with Valve waiting for any kind of info whatsoever on the HL3, I'm sure all will be forgiven when I finally play it. If I can forgive Valve for the mess of Steam and audio glitches that turned HL2 into a slideshow for weeks after release, I am sure I could forgive pretty much anything as far as Half-Life goes.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 6, 2010, 01:57 Jason

OldScho0l wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 19:07:
This might be a bit rude, but I hope the Valve falls flat on their faces and never manage to release another game again. They screwed us all with their frikin episodic gaming and can kiss my ass if they think I'll ever buy another one of their games. "Oh, We're going to release a new episode every 6 months!" Lies! Valve = FAIL in my opinion. Half-Life series is dead to me.

You sound like the guys who threaten to quit WoW on the forums everytime they nerf [insert class here], but never actually do.

17. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 21:21 Sepharo

OldScho0l wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 19:07:
They screwed us all with their frikin episodic gaming and can kiss my ass if they think I'll ever buy another one of their games.

Yeah man, fuck the Orange Box.

Sooo overpriced and sooo little content.

16. Re: Good Eats! Apr 5, 2010, 19:12 Ray Marden

Ugh, could you imagine?

Die headcrab, die!

But wait...before we kill this headcrab, let's talk about the type of crowbar to use today. And though often neglected, we'll make sure we have an anti-blood coating as originally designed by Prasanth, the lesser known of the four Nihilanth brothers. But fret not for he spent the latter part of the 30th century studying....
Alton is a nnnneeeeeeeeeerrrrddddddd of food.
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

15. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 19:07 OldScho0l

This might be a bit rude, but I hope the Valve falls flat on their faces and never manage to release another game again. They screwed us all with their frikin episodic gaming and can kiss my ass if they think I'll ever buy another one of their games. "Oh, We're going to release a new episode every 6 months!" Lies! Valve = FAIL in my opinion. Half-Life series is dead to me.  

14. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 17:45 WyldKat

After falling in love with the Freeman's Mind series there is simply no other voice that would suit Mr. Freeman.

I'm hoping they keep him mute in hopes that Ross Scott will continue his brilliance into Half-Life 2 and all of the episodes.

13. Good Eats! Apr 5, 2010, 16:57 Soylent Bob

Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 14:48:
I would argue that actually MAKING a new Half Life game would be the most fruitful avenue to explore.

As for giving Gordon a voice, eh, why bother now? He's the world's only scientist who never asks anybody any questions, even if he awakes in a world which is under the iron fist of an alien race.

Creston

If they DO give the Freeman a set of vocal chords, I can think of none more geektastically accurate than those of nerd cook extraordinaire Alton Brown!

12. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 15:57 Sleeeeepy

ASeven wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 12:14:
Interesting that Valve is starting to talk about Freeman now.

HL3 must be coming really soon now, it seems.

I'm thinking that Portal 2 might lead nicely into Ep3/HL3. Maybe I'm just being optimistic here, but I really want some completion to the HL saga rather than it getting Broussard'd.

I know Portal 2 is set in the future, but if there's not some crazy twist involved in that then they're doing it wrong.

11. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 14:48 Creston

I would argue that actually MAKING a new Half Life game would be the most fruitful avenue to explore.

As for giving Gordon a voice, eh, why bother now? He's the world's only scientist who never asks anybody any questions, even if he awakes in a world which is under the iron fist of an alien race.

Creston

10. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 14:08 ^mortis^

sign me up for Lego: Halflife, if only to get them to create the actual physical lego sets. *swoon* Needs me a Dog in lego!

^m^

9. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 13:57 Cutter

They should put you in the game, Ray. Dr. Ray Marden.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 12:58 Ray Marden

Gordon is fine, but he needs a wonder dog parter named Hudson...
Maybe fighting an evil computer named UGO.
Waving my paw; commanding Newell to make it so,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 12:33 Cutter

Yeah, nin is right, that would have been a great April Fool's joke. I just started playing through HL1/2 again and it's still good times. Bring on HL3!

Oh, hello, Gordon.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 12:14 ASeven

Interesting that Valve is starting to talk about Freeman now.

HL3 must be coming really soon now, it seems.

5. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 11:30 nin

Sarcastic? Moi?

No, there are no actual plans I'm aware of for LEGO Half-Life.

You shoulda used that last Thursday.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 11:09  Blue 

Was that actually announced (I don't remember it, if it was) or just sarcasm on Blue's part? I admit, the lego series seems to have jumped the shark awhile back...

Sarcastic? Moi?

No, there are no actual plans I'm aware of for LEGO Half-Life.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 11:04 nin

interesting indeed if they include the entire series in the lego game.

Yeah, if they featured the vehicle sections in, it might be good...

Was that actually announced (I don't remember it, if it was) or just sarcasm on Blue's part? I admit, the lego series seems to have jumped the shark awhile back...

2. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 10:57 zirik

interesting indeed if they include the entire series in the lego game.  

1. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 10:19 nin

LEGO: Half-Life

That's an interesting idea...

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo