Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Just Cause 2 DLC This Week

A post on PS3Trophies.org says the first DLC for Just Cause 2 will be the Chevalier Ice Breaker, described by the site as a "pimped-up Ice Cream Van," to be released on April 7, saying this info was contained in a mail from Microsoft. This is one of the DLC items listed on the SomethingAwful forums (subscription required) that they found in the data files for the PC demo of Avalanche Studios' sandbox action game, and they offer the complete list for your speculation pleasure.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 7, 2010, 08:20 Ecthelion

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2010, 17:12:
Ecthelion wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 08:36:
Thanks to this game, every day when I commute to and from work and I see some big tower, my first thought is wondering how much explosives would be required to destroy it.

In other words, I'm having a blast with this game.

Just don't go blowing up people's water towers. I doubt the cops will look kindly on an excuse of "but I need to cause Chaos!"

Eh, the water towers near me look very little like the ones in JC2. The radio towers, however, look almost exactly the same...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 6, 2010, 17:12 Creston

Thanks to this game, every day when I commute to and from work and I see some big tower, my first thought is wondering how much explosives would be required to destroy it.

Just don't go blowing up people's water towers. I doubt the cops will look kindly on an excuse of "but I need to cause Chaos!"

Yesterday I took a pedestrian on my "Stretch Limo Skiing Tour". It was quite a blast. She seemed rather unimpressed at the end though, as she didn't move much.

Creston

23. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 09:40 NicklePop

Haha, same here, I'm always wondering how high I could paragrapple off of something.

22. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 08:36 Ecthelion

21. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 06:28 CeeJay

I haven't played the game , but looking at the videos of it , it looks like a wingsuit would make a great DLC addition to the game.  
I'm the developer of SweetFX

20. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 02:07 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 01:08:
Blow some shit up, take out the troops near you, then take cover somewhere. If they don't have Line of Sight on you, the red heat will turn orange and soon turn off again. Alternatively, just paragrapple a few hundred yards away.

It's easy to get rid of heat.

Ditto. Whenever I got unwanted heat, I just paragrappled into the jungle where the AI can't follow. In fact, I don't have much a choice. I'm playing on Hardcore and it doesn't take a lot of hits for me to die. I find that I have to paragrapple hit-and-run a lot.

I like the difficulty levels in JC2. Sure, it's partially the bog-standard "AI does more damage", but at higher difficulty levels, the AI also :

- Gets better weapons earlier. On Normal, you don't see AI with maching guns until you unlock heat level 3. On the highest diff, they just start with machine guns. Very nasty when you have only half a health bar.

- Show up in greater numbers at a time.

- Reinforce more often. In fact, unless it's a very remote location, at higher difficulty levels, a Military Base simply never runs out, whereas on normal I could easily wipe out a whole base to the point that reinforcements just didn't show up anymore.

- Also, being chased by four helicopters while flying through Panau's business district is awesome.

(Flying into a skyscraper while dodging = less awesome.)

Creston

19. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 01:08 Jerykk

Blow some shit up, take out the troops near you, then take cover somewhere. If they don't have Line of Sight on you, the red heat will turn orange and soon turn off again. Alternatively, just paragrapple a few hundred yards away.

Ditto. Whenever I got unwanted heat, I just paragrappled into the jungle where the AI can't follow. In fact, I don't have much a choice. I'm playing on Hardcore and it doesn't take a lot of hits for me to die. I find that I have to paragrapple hit-and-run a lot.

18. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 5, 2010, 00:25 spindoctor

Is this going to be paid DLC? If so, I wonder what they would charge for it.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

17. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 23:33 Wowbagger_TIP

Release a big fucking pack with all of the pre-order goodies in it, and I'll gladly buy it. I'm not buying this shit piecemeal.

Same here. There's plenty to do in the game to keep me busy for a while. Maybe I'll pick up the DLC when it all comes in one pack at a discount in a few months.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

16. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 23:21 Creston

Flatline wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 18:09:
I'm most of the way through the game, and I have one major complaint.

The f*cking heat system is totally broken.

If I generate even a pip of heat, I am utterly swamped with troops. Usually (and only usually) I don't get helicopters until maybe Heat 2, but I get 20-30 elite troops all armed with machine guns, half a dozen cars, six or seven boats if I'm anywhere near water, and if choppers do appear, they rarely appear in numbers less than 2-3. All within about 10-15 seconds of getting my first pip of heat. Aside from the occasional helicopter showing up later on, there is literally no difference to me between almost no heat and maximum heat. It just turns on.

Except for the scripted missions, where heat barely matters at all.

Otherwise the game is a lot of fun. It just seems like right around the 4th or 5th heat bar being added the game shifts in difficulty to something that seems somewhat bullshit.

Oh, and the enemy spawning mechanics can go jump off a cliff. They aren't quite as bad as they were in Far Cry 2, where I actually watched enemies spawn in front of me, but it's pretty damn close. At least that only happens when I have a wanted level, and not all the f*cking time like in Far Cry 2.

As for the DLC, are they seriously going to release this stuff one by one??? One weapon, one car, a new skin for the parachute, one by one?

Ugh.

Release a big fucking pack with all of the pre-order goodies in it, and I'll gladly buy it. I'm not buying this shit piecemeal.

Creston

15. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 22:45 elefunk

I played the PC version and distinctly noticed my combat options and weapon options run out after 10-15 hours. It's not some magical haven of strategic opportunity. You can only go stealth or full-blown actions so many times in so many ways.

It was a game that was twice as long as it deserved to be, with twice as much land mass as it should have had, yet locales that got repetitive long before you discovered the entirety of the first map.

14. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 22:32 Flatline

I've played Far Cry 2 for months on end and I've no idea what you're talking about.

There's a distinct difference between the 360 version and the PC version. You sound like you played the PC version. I unfortunately played the console version, which is an immensely inferior version.

13. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 22:28 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 21:24:
I've played Far Cry 2 for months on end and I've no idea what you're talking about.

Seriously..? So you don't notice that enemies respawn when you leave an area? Like, you can wipe out a road checkpoint, then come back five minutes later and all the enemies have respawned because the left the area?

Ah, those type of respawns. Of course I know of them, just not of any in-front-of-my-face-in-the-middle-of-a-firefight type of respawns.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

12. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 21:42 Akuinnen

I agree the heat system can be a pain. I find it most annoying in those areas where you have to descend a pit and at the bottom punch a code.  

11. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 21:33 Bludd

I HATE FAR CRY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

10. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 21:24 Jerykk

Seriously..? So you don't notice that enemies respawn when you leave an area? Like, you can wipe out a road checkpoint, then come back five minutes later and all the enemies have respawned because the left the area?

9. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 21:07 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, the spawning is definitely better than FC2, but still annoying. I'm hoping for a patch or mod to allow adjustments to the heat and spawning to tone them down. I'm only about halfway through the game right now. Fun so far, but after all I've been hearing, I'm dreading the heat responses in the second half.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 21:03 Eldaron Imotholin

Wag wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 15:12:
DLC?!?! I'll be playing this game for years as is. (I'm serious)

Trust me, you're not.

But I agree that this game is HUGE as it is and tons of fun! I love it I love it I love it.

Flatline wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 18:09:

If I generate even a pip of heat, I am utterly swamped with troops. Usually (and only usually) I don't get helicopters until maybe Heat 2, but I get 20-30 elite troops all armed with machine guns, half a dozen cars, six or seven boats if I'm anywhere near water, and if choppers do appear, they rarely appear in numbers less than 2-3. All within about 10-15 seconds of getting my first pip of heat. Aside from the occasional helicopter showing up later on, there is literally no difference to me between almost no heat and maximum heat. It just turns on.

Otherwise the game is a lot of fun. It just seems like right around the 4th or 5th heat bar being added the game shifts in difficulty to something that seems somewhat bullshit.

Oh, and the enemy spawning mechanics can go jump off a cliff. They aren't quite as bad as they were in Far Cry 2, where I actually watched enemies spawn in front of me, but it's pretty damn close. At least that only happens when I have a wanted level, and not all the f*cking time like in Far Cry 2.

I've played Far Cry 2 for months on end and I've no idea what you're talking about. As for the heat system in JC2, I completely agree with you although it didn't quite bother me until you spelled out the flaws for me

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

7. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 18:09 Flatline

6. Re: Just Cause 2 DLC This Week Apr 4, 2010, 17:25 Jerykk

I thought the first JC was crap. Combat wasn't nearly as flexible or as fun as in JC2.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo