Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

April Fooling 2010, Part 2

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 2, 2010, 05:12 Mashiki Amiketo

CrushBug wrote on Apr 1, 2010, 19:14:
Sorry guys, but the item on greywardens.com did not come from BioWare or EA. We had nothing to do with it.
That's okay. 90% of the people outside of the US, are in the non-viewable and disabled content group(sorry I mean we're copy infringing music listeners or something) for it and can't view it anyway.

Speaking of which, I heard that it's very difficult to eat, drink, and kiss with a helmet always on.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 22:42 DangerDog

That iCade thing for the ipad would actually make me buy one of those crappy things.  

9. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 19:59 nin

Derek, speak up! We can't hear you! It's like your helmet is stuck on and can't be toggled off...  
http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 19:14  CrushBug 

Sorry guys, but the item on greywardens.com did not come from BioWare or EA. We had nothing to do with it.  
Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

7. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 18:59 Vulkan

New release of Dwarf Fortress on April's fool? What's next, Nethack 4.0.0?  

6. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 18:32 Hyatus

I gotta say, though, that is the first time I ever thought an iPad looked cool. I'd almost buy one for that...you know, if AT&T had any actual coverage in my area.  

5. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:56 NKD

The Dwarf Fortress release is indeed legit, not an April Fools joke. The BioWare thing was terrible because the preview shot on the video says "You've been rickrolled!" and spoils the whole thing. Terrible. Their Old Republic foolery was much better.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:45 Tumbler

Bioware's prank could have been awesome if they'd gone all the way making a trailer that was believable and then just suddenly dropped him on your without warning. Instead they never even tried, they even faded him in slowly so that anyone with half a brain would shut it off long before you heard his that stupid song.

Hur hur dur Bioware.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:31 Riker

Shame about BioWare getting their announcement from a few days ago mixed up with this one.  

2. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:25 nin

Also Dwarf Fort new version is real, not sure on the website.

Yeah, I don't believe that ones a hoax. Dubious made sure to point out the new release today, the first in like 18 months, I believe...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: April Fooling 2010, Part 2 Apr 1, 2010, 17:16 D4rkKnight

The Bioware one is lame...

Also Dwarf Fort new version is real, not sure on the website. Apparently it adds a lot of new features but they are not highlighted in the changelog, and its been so long since I played I wouldn't be able to tell whats new and whats ...old new.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo