Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans

The Silent Hunter Forums have details on the second patch for Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic, saying this update for Ubisoft's submarine simulation will be released on April 12. The change list follows.

• Fix for CO2 not being saved correctly
  • Fix for crew morale.
  • Fix for weather being reset to clear weather after load.
  • Fixes for crewmen showing under water under certain conditions
  • Fixes for ships exploding in ports for unapparent reasons or hitting the shore
  • Now waypoint tools are not accessible in bunker anymore
  • Compass added
  • Return to course added
  • Several fixes to ship recognition manual
  • Depth under keel added
  • Morale reaching 0 bug fixed
  • Several crew abilities (like man the deck gun and man the flack gun donít cost morale anymore)
  • Several crew animation and interaction fixes
  • Fixed performance problems inside submarine
  • Shadow optimizations
  • Fixed very slow eye light adaptation after a lost device (alt-tab)
  • Fixed selection contour being visible when a character was already selected
  • Fixed a bug where the moon was closer than it should
  • Fixed a bug where the sun disk would be visible underneath thick cloud cover
  • Environmental lighting and effects improvements
  • Improvements on particle performance on single core processors
  • Fixed torpedo doors
  • Fixed torpedo propeller (not turning)
  • Fixed electric torpedoes trail
  • Fixed spawn radius for some convoys (previously spawned on the shore)
  • Fixed several dials that were not working inside the submarine
  • Ports in the north Africa in the German territory are under enemy occupation
  • South Africa supplies: The existence of another ship that looks identically with the targeted one may generate confusion
  • No more crewmen on burning ships
  • Fixed a bug where the player can get stuck in the sub's outer hatch geometry
  • Crewmen on deck change clothes during bad weather
  • German language localization fixes

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Apr 1, 2010, 08:19 MTechnik

Slippery Jim wrote on Mar 31, 2010, 13:40:
How many years did it take UBI to fix the ladder bug in Raven Shield?
They didn't, it would require moving off of the pre-release version of unreal engine to a full version with different code. Unreal Engine .9 to 1.0 I think? But it changed the 'initialization' of ladders and grenade interactions at the server, so if that "I'm starting to climg' (or 'I'm pulling the pin on the nade') message was lost, it'd be re-sent, and the client wouldn't be hung waiting for the next step. No way they were rewriting the game for the ladder/nade bug. Which is a shame, since that ultimately is what killed the game for me (after a couple hundred hours of play.)

I'd buy that game with updated textures and no nade bug tomorrow. At full price. But not with this DRM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 14:07 gilly775

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 22:43:
I disagree Slippery Jim, but it does seem the Silent Hunter series is one of those franchises that always requires 5 or 6 patches and left to rot while they announce the next game in the series.

That might be true, but the modding community does an outstanding job to make the game the way it should be played.

19. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 13:40 Donkey_Punch

We can't play GRAW 1 or 2 multi-player without crashing to desktop or someone dropping from a game. How many years did it take UBI to fix the ladder bug in Raven Shield? I never bought Vegas 2 because Vegas 1 was left with so many bugs. Do I even need to mention R6 Lockdown?

18. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 12:41 The Half Elf

Again I disagree, go look at the patch notes for the GRAW and Vegas series and compare them to Silent Hunter 3 4 and 5.

While the team's ambition is nice, this is another case of Taldren, Troika, Operation Flashpoint/Arma I/II that can never seem to get it right.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 09:59 Donkey_Punch

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 22:43:
I disagree Slippery Jim, but it does seem the Silent Hunter series is one of those franchises that always requires 5 or 6 patches and left to rot while they announce the next game in the series.

...and GRAW, and R6 Vegas, and others that I am not awake enough yet to remember. I used to be a huge UBI fan but haven't been for several years. Tired of the unfinished and abandoned products.

16. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 08:24 InBlack

All of the SH games were always jewels in the rough. Im not defending Ubi's security policies here, Im just talking about the games and they really are great games.

NO I havent bought the game, the DRM is too restrictive and the plethora of bugs are another reason.

I recently read a good (honest) review of the game that didnt touch on the DRM issue but noted the major bugs and missing features that were missing in the game. Most of these are issues that according to these patch notes will be fixed with this patch.

It also touched on the positive aspects of the SiM, one of them being the truly dynamic missions and the best Ai in the SH series yet. (Apart from the Harbour AI)

*sigh* Im still not going to buy the game, until Ubi removes the DRM.

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 08:03 Jim

Ubisoft DRM = NO buy ever!

As a fan of the Silent Hunter series I had been really looking forward to this one, until I heard about the DRM.

Jim

14. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 07:50 nin

lmao. Buccal swabs are the little cotton swabbies that you see on cop shows for the inside of the mouth. I just like using it because it sounds more evil then it actually is.

You're right, it's not not nearly as horrific or demanding as I'd expect from UBI.

But we're still not buying.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 04:48 Armengar

I really wanted this as im a great fan of the Silent Hunter games but DRM? No ta. Shame really.

Compass added

"Set course helmsman" "what heading sir" "err, that way"

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

12. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 03:31 stingray

Those are not bug fixes, those are implementations to an unfinished product.

Imagine you just bought a car from Ubisoft and you get a letter in the mail about a Ubisoft recall telling you that you will be able to turn your steering wheel and open the car doors if you bring your vehicle to the workshop to have an important free upgrade.

SH3 was my last SH "game" from Ubisoft, period. Good luck with that DRM though.

11. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 03:18 S2M

Compass added....

Yeah I can see how its easy to miss adding a compass to a naval simulation.

The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

10. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 31, 2010, 00:37 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 22:09:
You must submit a buccal swab every 30mins

I am so not googling thst...
lmao. Buccal swabs are the little cotton swabbies that you see on cop shows for the inside of the mouth. I just like using it because it sounds more evil then it actually is.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 23:39 Narf2029

Wow, only in an upcoming patch will players be able to tell the depth below their keel? What do they do in the meantime when the destroyers are depth charging the shit out of them? Dive really deep and just pray they don't hit the bottom?  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

8. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 22:43 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 22:09 nin

You must submit a buccal swab every 30mins

I am so not googling thst...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 21:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Wag wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 21:06:
Is this the patch that removes the DRM? Because that's the only way I'm buying it.
Nope this patch adds more DRM. You must submit a buccal swab every 30mins to continue playing. Otherwise the game will vaporize your computer, and set your modem on fire.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 21:06 Wag

Is this the patch that removes the DRM? Because that's the only way I'm buying it.

4. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 20:38 mlw

Ubisoft DRM = NO buy ever!  

3. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 20:25 Donkey_Punch

Here is a list of every UBI game patch:

- Add more bugs
- make old bugs worse
- abandon game before fixed
- add more DRM

2. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Patch Plans Mar 30, 2010, 20:22 MTechnik

Paketep wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 20:17:
Morale reaching 0 bug fixed

Is that the morale of the crew or of the people that bought from Ubi?
They got zampella'd out the torpedo tube.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo