Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare Bazaar

The countdown on the BioWare website has concluded with the announcement of the BioWare Bazaar, continuing a grand tradition of these countdowns not concluding as anticipated. Update: It should be noted this is in the US only, and residents of Florida and New York are not eligible. Here's word:

To show our appreciation of fan support over the last 15 years, we have created the BioWare Bazaar!

The BioWare Bazaar is a week long series of online auctions featuring over 400 prizes, ranging from custom painted PC's to BioWare apparel and more!

To bid on these auctions, fans will have to collect tokens through various challenges. On April 6th on 9AM PST the first BioWare Bazaar auction will begin, with new prizes being auctioned every 15 minutes until 4PM PST on Saturday.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: BioWare Bazaar Apr 4, 2010, 16:37 PissyKanuck

InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 05:14:
Oh and Canada should definitely not be included, screw Canada. Canada should be annexed to the U.S. immediately...hang on...I seem to remember that Bioware used to be from Canada...

Um, I guess that would make us Chinese, since China owns the bulk of the socially-/educationally-/economically-collapsing USA.

Besides, if you did annex us, your students would automatically shift down to the lower third of the bell curve, your property values would devalue even further (god forbid the rest of you get kicked out of your houses too) and you'd have to put up with a new state that practiced actual social responsibility and wasn't prisoner to a corporate-run pseudo-democracy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 16:36 DarkCntry

InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2010, 05:14:
Ok I can understand why they would exclude "the rest of the world" I mean it only accounts for about 60% of their sales, but why in the world would they exclude New York AND Florida? They dislike Liberals as well as Far Right Conservatives???? How is that possible?? Inquisitive

Oh and Canada should definitely not be included, screw Canada. Canada should be annexed to the U.S. immediately...hang on...I seem to remember that Bioware used to be from Canada...

Contest requirements must meed specific state regulation standards, Florida and NY have some of the most strict when it comes to them. Various locales in Canada (Quebec for example) area even more insane when it comes to requirements.

While it sucks, hell I lived in Florida for most of my life and was excluded from all kinds of nifty nationwide contests, it's something that neither BioWare, nor EA, have a control over.

11. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 16:15 Longswd

To show our appreciation of fan support over the last 15 years, we have created the BioWare Bazaar!

Call me weird, but I fail to see how charging fans for merchandise shows them any appreciation.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

10. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 15:44 peteham

Hahah what a joke. Way to raise everyone's expectations with the countdown and then drop something this lame. Throw in the restrictions and it's not even relevant for most of us. Not that I really care about that particular detail, as I have zero interest in their novelty items anyway.. But a countdown? Really? Here's a free Protip: Countdowns are reserved for KOTOR3 announcements or similar.

Granted, I was fully aware it was going to be something a little more lame than that, but I doubt anyone but the most cynical among us anticipated something this bad.. Quite impressive. Hats off to the incompetent ladies and gentlemen at the Bioware marketing dept.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2010, 15:49.

9. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 06:57 Prez

Well, I really don't feel all that privileged that I can buy from this 'Bazaar', even though I live in the US. I was expecting something lame, but the level of epic lameness of this exceeded my expectations. Normally I applaud a game design studio for being over-achievers, but not in this case.

But on the plus side, I DO have 4200 tokens. Can I just cash them in for Awakenings? That would be much cooler.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2010, 07:05.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 05:14 InBlack

Ok I can understand why they would exclude "the rest of the world" I mean it only accounts for about 60% of their sales, but why in the world would they exclude New York AND Florida? They dislike Liberals as well as Far Right Conservatives???? How is that possible?? Inquisitive

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 30, 2010, 02:59 Narf2029

Next countdown will end on a Monday at 9am in their local time, and herald nothing more than when that work week begins.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 23:22 slaka

This ain't going down well, huh? PR Fail.  

5. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 21:08 Cutter

It's not open to Canadians and it's a Canadian company? Oh right, they're owned by EA now. and people wonder why I say Bioware is gone.
Thanks for another lmae marketing countdown, douchebags!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 20:20 cal1s

You fail to say that this is limited to north america only

http://greywardens.com/2010/03/bioware-bazaar-opens/

3. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 20:15 Jonny

Yeah, this went down well: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/1960459/1  

2. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 20:13 Rossafur

Hrm... a little early for an April Fool's joke...  

1. Re: BioWare Bazaar Mar 29, 2010, 20:08 Riker

I was expecting lame, but holy shit is that ever anti-climactic.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo