Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans

A post to the Command & Conquer Forums by community manager APOC says EA believes it has identified issues causing crashes accompanied by a "frame rate" dropped error message in the lobby and at the main menu for Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. He says: "This IS NOT related to connection with the server errors that you experience randomly during a match. We're assessing that issue as well, but I would strongly encourage you to check your ISP provider as well." He apologetically says a patch is in the works to address these crashes along with fixes for some other problems as well as some new multiplayer maps, saying the patch will not be released immediately; he promises an update on its status tomorrow. Thanks Ant via Command and Conquer DEN, where they also highlight another comment by APOC saying the Worldbuilder editor should be released around the end of this month or the beginning of April.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 17:01 Scottish Martial Arts

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 09:06:
Never heard of it.

I don't see how you can dismiss the idea though... a persistent ranking system with a base you level up, like CnC4 has, but with more traditional CnC gameplay outside of that, along with tons of maps, modes and units, all online all the time, could easily be the best RTS release in years for me.

I like the CnC story, but now that it's over I would like to see a game in the Battlefield vein.

Sole Survivor was an online only Command and Conquer title released during Christmas '97. Essentially it recreated class-based team first person shooter gameplay, a la QW Team Fortress which was massively popular back then, in the Command and Conquer Gold engine. You would pick a unit from the roster of GDI and NOD units, be assigned to a team, and would then control your unit alongside your team in games of CTF, "football", king of the hill, and deathmatch. Your unit would level up as it got kills and collected pickups, which would sometimes include single-use special abilities like an Ion Cannon strike. It was a neat idea on paper but was absolutely terrible in practice, never catching on, selling poorly, and quickly falling into obscurity, which would explain why you've never heard of it.

Sounds like your idea, now that you've fleshed it out a bit, is a bit different. Nevertheless, Sole Survivor is a game that should never be emulated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 14:31 JackCrow

http://i41.tinypic.com/ru0ifk.jpg

best course of action.

17. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 11:33 NobleAtreides

I have come to see the comments here as part of my daily entertainment and to reinforce my decision for not ever buying or pirating (not even worth tarnishing my HDD platters) another EA game ever again.  

16. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 09:06 StingingVelvet

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 07:13:
Or just an online-only Battlefield type game, but with CnC, and more of a classic style. That could have rocked.

Command and Conquer: Sole Survivor called, and it wants its terrible idea back.

Never heard of it.

I don't see how you can dismiss the idea though... a persistent ranking system with a base you level up, like CnC4 has, but with more traditional CnC gameplay outside of that, along with tons of maps, modes and units, all online all the time, could easily be the best RTS release in years for me.

I like the CnC story, but now that it's over I would like to see a game in the Battlefield vein.

15. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 07:13 Scottish Martial Arts

Or just an online-only Battlefield type game, but with CnC, and more of a classic style. That could have rocked.

Command and Conquer: Sole Survivor called, and it wants its terrible idea back.

14. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 06:10 StingingVelvet

BobBob wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 05:39:
They should have just made it a MMO vs. a half-ass hybrid.

13. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 05:39 BobBob

They should have just made it a MMO vs. a half-ass hybrid.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2010, 05:48.

http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

12. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 05:31 StingingVelvet

Kajetan wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 04:36:
Mac wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 16:20:
Just patch out the dumb DRM for Single PLayer and I may consider a purchase to see how C&C ends
They cannot do this. Because it's integral part of the SP campaign, where you have to gain enough experience to unlock specific units, without them you are not able to advance. Experience, you gain AFAIK only in playing some online matches or you have to group with another player to help you with this specific mission.

As i recall several reviews, there is no more "traditional" SP campaign. You are forced to play online, to take part in online matches.

That does not necessitate an online-only game, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 did the same exact thing and did not have this kind of DRM. I suppose you could make the argument that ranking up offline would leave it open to hackers, but honestly what game isn't?

And they better patch it out at some point, because EA isn't gonna run those servers forever I can assure you.

11. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 04:36 Kajetan

Mac wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 16:20:
Just patch out the dumb DRM for Single PLayer and I may consider a purchase to see how C&C ends
They cannot do this. Because it's integral part of the SP campaign, where you have to gain enough experience to unlock specific units, without them you are not able to advance. Experience, you gain AFAIK only in playing some online matches or you have to group with another player to help you with this specific mission.

As i recall several reviews, there is no more "traditional" SP campaign. You are forced to play online, to take part in online matches.

10. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 03:13 BobBob

Ever run into a person that says NIC card when they are actually saying network interface card card? Anyways, nerd humor.  

9. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 03:08 StingingVelvet

Ventura wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 00:44:
Be fair to say then that they dropped the ball pretty bad on this one?

A workmate of mine who is usually a lot more forgiving with his games than I am has had just about nothing good to say about c&c4, which can only mean it must be terribly bad.

It's an actual bad game, rather than a good game with a few flaws people on forums focus on.

8. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 00:44 Ventura

Be fair to say then that they dropped the ball pretty bad on this one?

A workmate of mine who is usually a lot more forgiving with his games than I am has had just about nothing good to say about c&c4, which can only mean it must be terribly bad.

7. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 18:12 J

Who else would provide an ISP? It's not DRM science!  

6. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 17:50 BobBob

Internet Service Provider provider?  

5. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 17:21 Creston

What a fucking TOOLBAG. "Check with your ISP provider."

Yeah, because it's the provider's fault that you EA fuckwits choose moronic DRM and can't keep a fucking server running. Idiot.

Creston

4. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 17:06 Sleeeeepy

an "ISP provider" you say? Let me get right on that  

3. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 16:23 Paketep

Wow, APOC is still community manager after the "zero DRM" fiasco?.

APOC, fourzerotwo... looks like community managers get a license to lie these days with the job.

2. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 16:20 Mac

1. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 14:57 ColoradoHoudini

i cannot even get into this game at all..it's nothing like C&C and that bugs me to pieces.
Unlocks, classes.. and i have to be online..sigh.

good bye C&C

/goes back to SupcCom2

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo