Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds

Matrix Games announces the release of Distant Worlds, the 4X sci-fi strategy game developed by CodeForce. Word is: "Now gamers can experience a 'living galaxy' with endless options and replayability, command vast empires that span many star system and engage in research, diplomacy, ship design, espionage, trade, combat and more!" There is also a day one patch: "An immediate 1.01 update is available along with the release, to resolve one issue discovered after the master files were completed. We recommend that all customers download and install this 1.01 update using the 'Check for Updates' option on the game menu right after installing the main game."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Mar 28, 2010, 07:52 JaguarUSF

Rigs wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 06:44:
'Out of Eight', 'Strategy Informer', 'Armchair General' and 'Wargamer' all usually review this stuff pretty quickly.

April 11th for Out of Eight.
I've done some twitter comments about it while I start out:
http://twitter.com/outofeight

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Mar 28, 2010, 06:44 Rigs

Yeah, I'll admit I'm kinda miffed about not having a demo too. I don't think there was one for Smugglers4 and Armada2526 either (I could be wrong on that though). $30 is pretty cheap for a Matrix game, all things considered. Probably best to wait for a while and see if a demo pops up and catch some reviews. 'Out of Eight', 'Strategy Informer', 'Armchair General' and 'Wargamer' all usually review this stuff pretty quickly. Best to look there if you or anyone's interested...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Mar 28, 2010, 05:31 Neilsouth

My problem is the price with no demo available , 29.99 is far too much for a game such as this with no demo!  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Distant Worlds Mar 27, 2010, 19:12 Rigs

Wow, that was quick! Didn't they just announce this a few weeks ago? Looks pretty good, even though (and I can't believe I'm saying this) the 4x genre is getting a little crowded lately...never too much of a good thing, except finding the time to play them all...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo