Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2010, 17:54 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 23:26:
I wonder if people ever actually USE the black market... I'm having that dude drop shit to me like every ten minutes.

Creston

It sure makes the game a lot more painful if you don't use the blackmarket. Especially when you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and don't feel like bunnyhop trees to get around. Call in the BM dude to drop you the rocket ship and you are out of there. I took off with that thing on the side of a hill ones

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2010, 17:20 LittleMe

Not sure. Hopefully not.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

15. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2010, 12:49 PHJF

So, what, the game isn't irrevocably bound to a single steam account when the cdkey is activated?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

14. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 23:26 Creston

AFAIK, the only DRM on JC2 is Steam itself.

Also, how on earth do you people run out of ammo??? Do you not pick up guns from guards you shoot? Do you not buy Black Market guns when you find yourself running low?

I never run out of ammo, except when I'm spraying away with MP5s akimbo.

I wonder if people ever actually USE the black market... I'm having that dude drop shit to me like every ten minutes.

Creston

13. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 18:19 space captain

its possible there are codes or something like that which gives you unlimited ammo for the console versions

i tend to prefer the challenge of gameplay without crutches or training wheels, so i havent looked for any of that shit

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 17:41 Xirix

"People tell me I am the best"

I keep repeating that line over and over..you gotta love
the voiceacting in this game.

11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 16:19 SpectralMeat

I don't think you can use BOLO patch on anything else other than the PC. I know what you mean about the ammo but I think they did that to encourage people to kill enemies other way not with the weapons. It sure makes me think how to approach a mission and make me be creative with the fights instead of just run through a base guns blazing all the time.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 16:06 LittleMe

So can you use things like BOLOPatch on the console versions? I presume not. One of my annoyances with JC2 is constantly running out of ammo. It's more than an inconvenience. BOLOpatch fixes that and several other things (which I don't use the other ones yet).  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 15:29 space captain

thats why i got the PS3 version...

bonus for the ps3 exclusive: the game has a "video capture" mode, and also you can automatically upload them to youtube from the game

btw, the monster truck is sick as hell

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 14:57 JoeNapalm

J wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 14:20:
I must admit I like the sound of what I have heard about JC2 (not to be confused with the second coming of Jesus), the only negative in my book is the fact I have XP and that it requires a newer OS. Perhaps this will be my first incentive to upgrade. It's still going to be a while though before I can afford to renew my system.

Wait...what? This isn't an XP-compatible game?

Aw, man!

See, this is the kind of thing that's going to cost me...cause I'll start with "Cool, finally a reason to upgrade to Win7" and end up with "But, honey, I need to spend $7000 on upgrading SkyNet!"

Slippery slope, my friends...a slippery slope.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2010, 15:13.

7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 14:20 J

I must admit I like the sound of what I have heard about JC2 (not to be confused with the second coming of Jesus), the only negative in my book is the fact I have XP and that it requires a newer OS. Perhaps this will be my first incentive to upgrade. It's still going to be a while though before I can afford to renew my system.  

6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:43 PHJF

How is Just Cause 2 for DRM? I understand it uses Steam, which I don't necessarily have anything against, unless like Valves own games once installed the game is permanently locked to a single Steam account.

I'm interested in buying this game, not leasing it, so any details would be helpful.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:28 JaguarUSF

My name is Bolo Santoseeeeeeeeee.  

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:27 Ecthelion

Creston wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 11:06:
Is everyone that plays/reviews games nowadays too young to understand "camp" as a method of entertainment?

Most reviews of JC2 that I see whine about the dialogue and the voice acting being awful. It's intentionally awful. It's called CAMP. It goes with the whole motto of everything being ridiculously over-the-top.
Yeah, anyone who can read the description of the effeminate colonel (I think it's the first one on the list), and not understand that it's intentionally over-the-top needs to get a thorough education in comedy.

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:11 JoeNapalm

Just Cause 2 just sounds fun. I got the first one during the Steam sale to check it out on the cheap.

I haven't seen a good campy game since NOLF. Kids these days think "camp" is a bad word involving snipers. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Anyway.

The gameSlave review of STO is the most balanced I've seen so far. Obviously this guy actually played the game beyond the tutorial. His criticisms are fair, as are his observations about what they did right (a smooth MMO launch deserves some kudos, as does the effort they're putting into improving the game).

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:08 Narf2029

I don't think kids today know anything about the unintentionally awful things that camp tries to parody, so I would think the humor is lost on them. That and apparently "realism" is the current cool thing in sandbox games if people think GTA IV is better than Saints Row 2.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 11:06 Creston

Is everyone that plays/reviews games nowadays too young to understand "camp" as a method of entertainment?

Most reviews of JC2 that I see whine about the dialogue and the voice acting being awful. It's intentionally awful. It's called CAMP. It goes with the whole motto of everything being ridiculously over-the-top.

Sigh

Creston

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo