Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare Countdown

The BioWare Website now features a countdown timer. This currently stands at over five and a half days and counting, but there's no indication of what will happen when it expires. If you attempt to disarm it, we suggest cutting the red wire.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 20:55 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 08:47:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 07:02:
Well they rushed out Awakening half baked, why not do the same thing with a sequel?

For a change you and I are in complete agreement. I felt pretty burned by Awakening, it obviously needed another three months QA time. Some of the stuff like non-interoperable DLC parts are just pathetic given that they are from the same developer.

The reason I don't get the complaints about that is that the DLC gear was not the best in the game, so I didn't use it anymore at the point where I would go into Awakening.

I mean, I get the complaint, but it's a minor issue in general, and even more minor considering the worth of the gear.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: 2012 Mar 24, 2010, 09:21 Donkey_Punch

LittleMe wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 01:11:
Well there is global turmoil right now and it does seem to be escalating. I'm not talking about a fictional cartoon comic. "Order out of chaos." - the mantra of the globalists and ruling elite. There are people who stand to gain from chaos.

You need to turn off Glen Beck and Fox.

21. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 08:47 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 07:02:
Well they rushed out Awakening half baked, why not do the same thing with a sequel?

For a change you and I are in complete agreement. I felt pretty burned by Awakening, it obviously needed another three months QA time. Some of the stuff like non-interoperable DLC parts are just pathetic given that they are from the same developer.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

20. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 08:38 Eldaron Imotholin

Riker wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 20:02:
No doubt some lame DLC announcement.

Fuckin' pessimists.

BioWare is right about the last developer that brings us great quality. I see no reason for such a demeanor towards them.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

19. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 07:52 Slink

MrCoffee wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 04:27:
Or maybe after the countdown we get another countdown.

So would that be... the FINAL countdown?

do-do-dooo-dooooooooooo

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

18. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 07:29 Zanthar

LittleMe wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 01:01:
The only countdown I'm interested in is the one that ends on Dec 21st, 2012.

Normally I do ignore such things but it looks to me like things are really heating up for that date. Currency crisis, wars, bailouts, etc etc.. Look at what's happening in Greece and Iceland lately. Looks like something is going to happen here in the US also. The govt is having problems selling their junk bonds to continue funding their deficit spending. Fun times.

We need another good world war to purge the weak and stupid from the population. We are the only species on the planet that keeps it's sick and inferior around long enough to pass on their genetic defects to future generations.

17. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 07:02 RollinThundr

Jerykk wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 01:34:
The Dragon Age advertisement included with Awakening hints it could be a possible Dragon Age 2 announcement though.

That would be nice. Still feels way too early for there to be a DA2, though.

16. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 04:27 MrCoffee

Dev wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 02:35:
The Dragon Age advertisement included with Awakening hints it could be a possible Dragon Age 2 announcement though.

Valve released L4D2 a year after L4D1, and the announcement was pretty soon after release of 1. Partly thats because they initially planned most of it as free DLC for L4D1, then decided they could sell it.
Which is fine, except for promising it ahead of time and breaking that promise.

So there's precedent if they want to announce a sequel. That being said, I suspect its more paid DLC.

Or maybe after the countdown we get another countdown.

15. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 02:35 Dev

Valve released L4D2 a year after L4D1, and the announcement was pretty soon after release of 1. Partly thats because they initially planned most of it as free DLC for L4D1, then decided they could sell it.
Which is fine, except for promising it ahead of time and breaking that promise.

So there's precedent if they want to announce a sequel. That being said, I suspect its more paid DLC.

14. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 01:42 LittleMe

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 01:34 Jerykk

12. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 01:15 space captain

there is no need for you to connect the dots in some kind of "special" way that has "special" meaning. All of that "special" stuff is fiction. You live in a fictional world of ideas.  
Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: 2012 Mar 24, 2010, 01:11 LittleMe

Well there is global turmoil right now and it does seem to be escalating. I'm not talking about a fictional cartoon comic. "Order out of chaos." - the mantra of the globalists and ruling elite. There are people who stand to gain from chaos.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

10. Re: 2012 Mar 24, 2010, 01:10 Prez

LOL! That's pretty much what I've been telling people about why the Mayans stopped at 2012.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 24, 2010, 01:01 LittleMe

Normally I do ignore such things but it looks to me like things are really heating up for that date. Currency crisis, wars, bailouts, etc etc.. Look at what's happening in Greece and Iceland lately. Looks like something is going to happen here in the US also. The govt is having problems selling their junk bonds to continue funding their deficit spending. Fun times.

7. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 23, 2010, 23:35 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 23, 2010, 21:38 Cutter

Yeah, these sorts of things are so lame. If it was an announcement about the SW MOG beta launching for the public, than ok. Anything else, forget it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 23, 2010, 21:36 necrosis

Aevil wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 21:13:
The countdown is being loaded from dragonage.bioware.com which may be a rather unsubtle hint...

Namely:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/resources/jquery/js/jquery.countdown.js
http://dragonage.bioware.com/resources/jquery/css/jquery.countdown.css
Heh. Nice catch.

4. Re: BioWare Countdown Mar 23, 2010, 21:13 Aevil

The countdown is being loaded from dragonage.bioware.com which may be a rather unsubtle hint...

Namely:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/resources/jquery/js/jquery.countdown.js
http://dragonage.bioware.com/resources/jquery/css/jquery.countdown.css

The javascript also references: "omgwtfbbq"

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo