Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metaverse

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Metaverse Mar 24, 2010, 16:04 Bucky

zirik wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 08:09:
i might try opera. how is the privacy issue with chrome? did google allow people to disable the search feature on it that catalogs your local drive?

I can't comment on Chrome's privacy, or lack thereof. I never even looked into it; I have a Motorola Droid so Google already knows way too much about me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Metaverse Mar 24, 2010, 08:09 zirik

i might try opera. how is the privacy issue with chrome? did google allow people to disable the search feature on it that catalogs your local drive?  

3. Re: Metaverse Mar 24, 2010, 05:45  Xymph 

Bucky wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 20:26:
This wasn't so hard to do once blue dropped IGN,
You mean UGO.

-- Frans

2. Re: Metaverse Mar 23, 2010, 20:26 Bucky

Might I suggest Opera? Firefox has felt too slow for me for some time now, so I switched to Chrome. I used that for awhile, then gave Opera another whirl when 10.50 launched. It feels faster than Chrome and has some of the old favorite features that I've missed. I've been an Opera advocate for years, even if it hasn't always been my primary browser.

What helped me let go of Firefox was my decision to stop using ad blockers of any kind. Ad-block, flashblock and noscript really make Firefox, without a need for them I was left to try browsers again. Now if a site runs annoying ads, I just stop visiting it. This wasn't so hard to do once blue dropped IGN UGO, since I couldn't stand the ads and couldn't stand to stop visiting Blue's.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2010, 16:02.

1. Re: Metaverse Mar 23, 2010, 16:42 zirik

after much denial mozilla releases the fix one week earlier than planned. and the new patched version is slow as molasses. it gobles up more RAM than version 3.5.x. damn mozilla, dont make me switch browsers.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo