Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Known BF:BC2 Issues

A post to the Electronic Arts UK Community Forums outlines the known issues in Battlefield Bad Company 2 that DICE is currently investigating. The list is pretty lengthy, describing disconnects, CTDs, PunkBuster issues, login problems and more. This is a sticky post, and some of the issues are marked as already having been resolved. Thanks Joao.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 14:35 Elessar

I wonder if they can check to see if a player has a friend on the same team first? If so, then find the lone wolfs and autobalance them. Else, split up the friends for that match.

Balanced teams > Playing on the same team as a friend.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 13:59 Verno

How do you get team balance to work though? The squad structure of the game essentially means you'll be splitting up RL buddies a lot of the time.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

14. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 12:48 MTechnik

Verno wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 09:06:
Yeah it's kind of a bummer. It's a testament to the core game itself that it manages to be a blast despite all of the problems. My biggest beefs are the joystick support and load times on ATI cards.
I'd like to see the team balance function work again, and the crashes to desktop.

13. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 12:46 EvilGrouse

I think I'll wait a few years for the bugs to get worked out. Yet another quality DICE product.  

12. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 11:30 Elessar

Steelcamp wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 07:54:
Glad I waited on buying this, tho I did like playing the beta\demo.
IMO this is still in beta. The amount of issues listed in the forum post is astounding for a release. And even more troubling is some of the issues they state they're willing to let go because of other priorities. Not that there's anything wrong with priorities, but to list an issue as "unlikely to be addressed" is pure amateurism. Along with many of the issues that exist in a final release now. I can only imagine what other issues there are that they're not aware of.

That all said, even though it feels like a beta, I still enjoy the hell out of it. I just wish these guys wouldn't seem like hacks when it comes to the details of tightening up a AAA title.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

11. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 09:06 Verno

Yeah it's kind of a bummer. It's a testament to the core game itself that it manages to be a blast despite all of the problems. My biggest beefs are the joystick support and load times on ATI cards.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

10. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 08:51 Sleeeeepy

Seriously, it's just bizarre that some of these things made it into a retail game.

But the core of the game is fun, at least for now.

9. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 08:35 Coolone

I love this game. I missed out on the whole BF2 bandwagon, so I'm going straight from BF1942 to this. That may have something to do with it  

8. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 07:59 eRe4s3r

Its right mouse button i guess, since thats what you use to trigger secondary skills in a tank.  

7. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 07:54 Steelcamp

Glad I waited on buying this, tho I did like playing the beta\demo.  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

6. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 07:17 GunSpeed

How does the smoke merits gets activated? it says 6 smoke grenades for cover when inside a tank mostly.

Is it auto?

5. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 05:20 Bucky

There's only two that really bug me atm: the lack of pings without running Steam and BC2 as admin (which may or may not be fixed now, haven't played in a couple of days) and the fact that smoke grenades sometimes stop working. I've become a huge fan of smoke grenades, especially when I'm on the attacking team in rush games.  

4. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 01:20 Tom

Loving this game. Don't care whether they fix most of the issues on the list. Improving reliability of knife kills would be great, though.  

3. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 01:17 finga

Fantastic game, but there's a huge number of issues. They're moving quickly, but they're also causing almost as many problems as they're fixing. They've got to step up their game if they want this list to be gone by summer.  

2. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 00:37 Roachmojo

Do you like it better than BF2? I played the shit outta BF2, and have been looking for something new to play.  

1. Re: Known BF:BC2 Issues Mar 23, 2010, 00:27 siapnar

Looks like their support for BC2 is much better than BF2 right out of the gate.

But, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong. I've been playing BC2 much more than I ever played BF2,

I have projectile dysfunction.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo