Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide

With the release of Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight in Europe today, EA announces the real-time strategy sequel is now deployed worldwide. The announcement makes mention of the game requiring players be online at all times and also offers a reminder of the recent free releases of Command & Conquer 2: Tiberian Sun and Command & Conquer 2: Tiberian Sun – Firestorm. Here's word on the game:

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight delivers an innovative new approach to strategy gaming, now with more intense battles and more competitive play amongst friends with fresh new missions that are streamed directly into the game. Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight sticks to the action-packed gameplay fans have come to love while introducing class-based systems that are persistent across all game modes while taking the game online for a more refreshing and social gameplay experience. Whether conquering alone, in co-op mode or in an all-new 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight will dazzle fans with its many plot twists and larger-than-life battles between GDI and the Brotherhood of Nod, led by the enigmatic Kane.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 25, 2010, 07:24 BobBob

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 05:16:
The problem is that DRM mostly affects the users least likely to pirate games. And pirates just download a crack that bypasses it all anyway. I've never understood why publishers like to piss off the few people still buying their games.

Pretty much, yah. Being an overly honest person, I'd be tempted to buy a game like this only if there was a pirated version available to bypass the DRM. In this case, I won't even consider buying the game until they remove this kind of DRM. I have no desire to pirate it either. This kind of DRM is an insult to a person like myself who buys all the games he plays.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 25, 2010, 06:23 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 05:16:
The problem is that DRM mostly affects the users least likely to pirate games. And pirates just download a crack that bypasses it all anyway. I've never understood why publishers like to piss off the few people still buying their games.

executive meddling, the same thing that ruins every other media. detached corporate "management" bureaucrats act on the behalf of completely clueless investors who don't know shit about what they've sunk money into, aside from demanding "do whatever it takes to keep the cattle from stealing!!"

it's not like one or even a handful of people make this decision. corporate bureaucracy has resulted in a long chain of highly paid known-nothings trying to pass responsibility to someone else. nothing gets done and horrible decisions are made.

christ, i don't miss that world.

41. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 25, 2010, 05:16 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

40. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 21, 2010, 01:38 Jerykk

I think it's a combination of ignorance and apathy. The general populace doesn't really feel passionately about anything. They don't have strong principles or discipline so they really couldn't care less what kind of DRM a game has. I'm sure there are also many who don't even know what DRM is.  

39. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 20, 2010, 00:33 Prez

I really don't understand how EA and Ubisoft can be this stupid...

Or am I totally wrong and it's really the population that's that stupid?

I don't know. A quick glance at the weekly top 10 lists on sites like steampowered, direct2drive, impulsedriven, and gamersgate all show titles like C&C4, ASS Creed 2, and Silent Hunter 5 high on the list.

I don't know about stupid - it could be blissful ignorance or an unhealthy degree of apathy.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

38. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 23:26 Mashiki Amiketo

Right-o moving to California to start a "the children don't love me, because the environment is on fire in my head" initiative. Which of course will pay me $100m dollars.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

37. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 22:42 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 21:20:

It's both. Just look at the kinda things people vote for in just about any state. Heck look at all the stupid props in CA that often pass (i.e. all you gotta do is put something that its for the children or environment in title and people go nuts to vote for it even if it doesn't have anything to do with those).

36. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 21:24 Ant

Sepharo wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 21:20:

I have a bad feeling, it will get worse. Not just from them too.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

35. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 21:20 Sepharo

34. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 21:14 Cutter

I'm so looking forward to this game! Oh wait, I'm not thanks to EA's draconian DRM. Yet another lost sale.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

33. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 21:08 JackCrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXJaYY0TOs  

32. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 20:10 Dev

ASeven wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 17:13:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 17:11:
Why the hell would anybody buy one of their games?

Pure stupidity?
I agree.
Whats hilarious to me is how many years in a row thier sports games are purchased, even when the latest year sporrts games have fewer features than the year before.

31. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 17:13 ASeven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 17:11:

Pure stupidity?

30. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 17:11 Wowbagger_TIP

From the article that Dev posted:

"EA have previously shut down the multiplayer servers for 78 of their games, sometimes barely more than a year after release. On Tuesday, they shut down all servers for PC games Mercenaries 2 and Lord of the Rings: Conquest, which only came out last year. Naturally we contacted EA to ask how long they intended to keep the servers for C&C 4 online, but have received no response."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

29. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 17:06 NobleAtreides

I miss the days where you can just blow the dust off a cartridge, put it on TV Channel3, flick a switch, and play. Now you need to have surveillance cameras and a degree in a lawfirm and a stolen identity to be able to play dumbed down re-hashed SHIT. god it's an awful time to be alive to play games today, after the innocence and simplicity of 80's gaming.

...looks at dusty treasure chest in closet packed with Coleco games...

gonna brb.

28. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 16:44 Ant

ASeven wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 16:42:
And if nobody minds getting spoilered by the end of C&C4, this image summarizes all this situation pretty well
LOL!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

27. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 16:42 ASeven

And if nobody minds getting spoilered by the end of C&C4, this image summarizes all this situation pretty well  

26. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 16:12 Sempai

Yawn..  

25. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 16:06 Dev

PC Gamer Blog: "Here's exactly what happens if you're disconnected while playing C&C4"
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=239583&site=pcg

24. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 15:52 Creston

JaguarUSF wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 14:05:
Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 13:35:
Innovative? What exactly is innovative about C&C? It's been the exact same game for 15 odd years.
Actually, C&C4 is drastically different from previous C&C titles: classes, no buildings (except for the defensive class), no resource collection.
Different does not mean better, though.

Wow, so something EA said was actually TRUE? Holy shit...

I stand corrected.

Creston

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo