Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I've been suffering from itchiness for a few weeks that's been getting progressively more annoying. I first noticed it around my neck and jaw line, and it has also been noticeable on my nether regions, clearly delicate areas. I've always had sensitive skin, so I spent some time trying to isolate whether this was some new laundry detergent or something, with no success. Then MrsBlue read me a list of side-effects that came from our new pharmacy when I filled my prescription for Protonix for my LPRD, and sure enough, itchy skin is one of them. I've been pleased with how this drug has addressed my reflux, but this itching has got to go, so I think I need to talk to my doctor about trying something new.

Itchy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: The Pretender: Part Two.
Jetpack Jackass.
Civet's Odyssey.
Links: The Top Ten Sexiest Video Game Characters. Thanks Digg.
Itch chair scratches the backs of lazy meatbags.
Stories: Wal-Mart 'appalled' at announcement telling blacks to leave store.
Homeowner associations block guests. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Architects float prison-in-the-sky idea.
New Finding Puts Origins of Dogs in Middle East.
Media: Jon Stewart-Glenn Beck Parody. Thanks Acleacius.
Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe. Thanks nin.
Follow-up: Details Emerge on Futurama's "Rebirth" (and Return).
Scientists create fully-functioning, 3D invisibility cloak.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2010, 10:52 Hoop

There will no longer be a blue reply to some posts as he has set us all to ignore.
Thanks frans
Dumb feature to promote community I feel.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2010, 11:25.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2010, 00:47 Prez

I don't have any advice for itching but since we are on the topic of sharing information of the TMI variety, I just wanted to say I was never a happy child, my mom dressed me like Vinnie Barbarino, I didn't get laid until I was 22, and I am still incredibly insecure. And I play with dolls.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 21:44 Sepharo

Blue I've been getting what I guess could be called a "local" popup ad that covers your page.

It's a big flash video that appears right over the logo in the top left. The reason I say "local" is because it's a public service announcement from the Michigan government about gambling addiction.

Please tell them I don't have an addiction and that they can go away.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 21:20 Cutter

Maybe Blue has been watching too much Itchy and Scratchy.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 17:57 Rigs

You know, I was JUST thinking yesterday that Blue hadn't talked about personal stuff in a while (well, anything major anyway - like near death experiences or doggy catastrophes or the Squirrel Apocalypse - not counting 'Snowmageddon')...I must be psychic or something...

On another semi-related note: Will there ever be another 'Mail Bag', Blue? I think a lot of us here would like to submit some questions to see your spin on things...any chance?

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

10. LPRD Mar 19, 2010, 16:28 ColBlister

Have you tried eating low-carb for a week or two? My reflux problem goes completely away after a few days of low-carb eating. Others I've talked to noticed the same effect.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 15:57 banddirector

Mr.Natural wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 11:59:
I used Protonix for a couple years. Try using Prilosec OTC which is sold at any local store. Works just was well and maybe you won't have the side affects.

+1

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 15:39 MrBone

Blue, you haven't been fooling around with anyone with "Bombshell" in their name, have you?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 14:28 nin

For once, I'm going to have to say "NO pictures, please."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 13:45 Agent.X7

Have they tried you on Kapidex, Blue? I have been taking that for a couple of months, and man, that stuff worked miracles for my reflux. I haven't noticed any side effects, but - of course - YMMV.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 13:26 PHJF

About a year ago I was put on an antibiotic that gave me insomnia Dizzy  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 12:32 Hoop

You are demonstrating dog behaviour, you may infact be taking the alpha roll further than you would like.
Next time the mailman calls see if you can converse with him/her without growling.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2010, 13:19.

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 12:27 Pundit Guy

"Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe"

I'd imagine that to most American ears, that's a bunch of gibberish masquerading as English.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 11:59 Mr.Natural

I used Protonix for a couple years. Try using Prilosec OTC which is sold at any local store. Works just was well and maybe you won't have the side affects.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2010, 11:12 Dev

Blue:

Or, get that itch chair you linked here

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo