Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week

GOG.com has added some new titles to their catalogue of older games free of DRM and updated to work on modern systems. New offerings are Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition (aka Out of This World), Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition, Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned, and AquaNox. Word is to expect the announcement next week of another publisher adding back titles to the service.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 20, 2010, 08:28 Shadowcat

Another World's official sequel was indeed "Heart of the Alien". It only came out on the Sega CD console, though, and Eric Chahi wasn't involved.

"Flashback" (and its sequel "Fade to Black") are not strictly related to Another World at all, aside from being published by Delphine. Flashback certainly bore enough similarities to the earlier game for it to regularly be mistaken for a sequel, however.

The superb "Heart of Darkness" from Amazing Studio was the next big thing from the creator of Another World, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 19, 2010, 08:02 Rigs

you are too busy racing to get to the next age to really enjoy the current one in to the fullest...

'Tis why I would keep my skirmishes mostly to one or two epochs max, so I could concentrate on building up and attacking, not research and getting old...

The WW1 and WW2 epochs were my favorite really...WW1 cause it had aircraft but they were slow and less powerful and WW2 because of what else? The nukes! Was always fun to put the cheat in and instanta-build like 5 airfields with nuke bombers but the fun thing was that the AI would cheat too and do the same exact friggin' thing you were - Mutually Assured Destruction...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

8. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 19, 2010, 05:39 Prez

I enjoyed the hell out of it myself. It's a toss up for me as to whether the first or second was the better one. EE3 was a disaster and should not be mentioned.

As with all civilization-advancement games, you are too busy racing to get to the next age to really enjoy the current one in to the fullest, but if you don't mind that, EE2 can be great fun.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 19, 2010, 04:27 BobBob

Empire Earth 2 any good?  

6. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 19, 2010, 00:19 Prez

Was it Heart of the Alien or something like that?

Anyway, I have more fond memories of Out of this World than most any other game, except maybe Wing Commander and X-Com. Just seeing those screenshots on gog.com again takes me back to another time.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 19, 2010, 00:17 Unknown Soldier

Flashback was the second one. Great game, had it on my Amiga 500.  

4. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 18, 2010, 23:22 Rigs

Well, speaking of bundles - they should get Another World (Out of this World), [forgot the name of the second one...bugger], and Fade To Black all together in one pack. I'd buy that for a dollar! (or more if needed)

Also, Archimedian Dynasty, Aquanox 1 and 2, and then the last of the series (sort of) Sub Culture all wrapped in a nice little bundle would be a nice buy...I used to love playing Sub Culture, they got the underwater effects down pretty well and the 3D at the time was kick-ass...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

3. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 18, 2010, 22:03 Burrito of Peace

I'd like to see them get AquaNox 2 so I can purchase both.  

2. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 18, 2010, 21:43 The Half Elf

Aqua Nox, god I remember when that came out and how (at the time) really pushed 3d graphics and visuals.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: New on GOG.com, Announcement Next Week Mar 18, 2010, 21:23 Ray Marden

I always loved Another World and, though not directly related, the similar gaming goodness that was Delphine and Adeline.
Now where are my damn sequels???
But isn't this just the same version released by the programmer, albeit with a higher price?

In either case, I just want to say.....My tuba!

Enjoying Metro 2033 in spurts, but also cringing at its weak points,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo