Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo

A tweet by Ubisoft's UbiMultipass (aka Li Kuo, our second favorite multipass since Leeloo Dallas Multipass), confirms that the Splinter Cell Conviction demo expected tomorrow is exclusively for Xbox 360. Word is: "Sorry guys, tomorrow's demo is for X360 only. There are no plans for a PC demo."

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 19, 2010, 08:43 Verno

Of course easy is relative.

But when you have step by step instructions, that little children can follow, it is easy. If it is hard for you, you suck, deal with it. Yes you suck relatively, but deal with it.

I like how you agree with everyone else then claim we're wrong, LOL.

And where did I say people are going to do it, or do it a lot?

I really hope you're not actually dumb enough to claim that you have basically been wasting everyones time.

I said, it is actually pretty easy. Because it is. Maybe you are not tech savvy enough or intimidated by it, but that does not change the fact that it is fairly easy for most people.

Again for the 20th time, no it's not easy for most people even with step by step instructions. You can find step by step instructions to fix a million different things that most people find too difficult to do. Most people can barely manage programming a universal television remote. You can barely even follow a topic on this forum FFS.

And I can not be a halo fratboy because I do not own halo at all, do not enjoy it at all, and am not in a fraternity.

But nice way to stereotype people. Shows your mental attitude.

This from the clown who has ranted and raved like a child, used a bunch of schoolyard insults and whose argument consists "IM RIGHT ITS EZ"?

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 18:14 The PC Warrior

but that does not change the fact that it is fairly easy for most people.

if it was easy for most people then publishers would be crying a lot more and we would see a lot more press about it instead of their constant pc whining.

most of us wish that were true, we would see a lot more pc exclusives and decent pc ports but sorry youre wrong.

56. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 17:31 Enahs

Of course easy is relative.

But when you have step by step instructions, that little children can follow, it is easy. If it is hard for you, you suck, deal with it. Yes you suck relatively, but deal with it.

And where did I say people are going to do it, or do it a lot? Where?

I said, it is actually pretty easy. Because it is. Maybe you are not tech savvy enough or intimidated by it, but that does not change the fact that it is fairly easy for most people.

And I can not be a halo fratboy because I do not own halo at all, do not enjoy it at all, and am not in a fraternity.

But nice way to stereotype people. Shows your mental attitude.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2010, 17:40.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

55. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 17:09 Verno

This guy would be a real boy wonder doing phone support

"Thanks for calling....what? What do you mean you don't know how to do that? My 9 year old could do that in his sleep. Don't call here ever again, you are so stupid and dumb, rarr I'm tough and calling you names"

54. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 17:07 peteham

I am right when I say pirating on the x360 is easy because it is. I am not going to post any of the 1000s of links on how easy it is to do, because that is against Blues policy. There is no bullying, you are a moron. It is easy. Plain and simple. If you find it hard, you are simple minded, do not put that on other people.
Everything is relative. Modding your console may seem easy to you, or that 9 year old nephew. The same could be said about assembling your own computer from parts. It's easy when you know how, and it's not a daunting prospect if you're prepared to lose upwards of $300 and void your warranty.

Honestly, how many people do you think are prepared to deal with that? Compared to PC-based piracy, this is in a completely different league of "hard".

53. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 16:59 Verno

I am right when I say pirating on the x360 is easy because it is. I am not going to post any of the 1000s of links on how easy it is to do, because that is against Blues policy. There is no bullying, you are a moron. It is easy. Plain and simple. If you find it hard, you are simple minded, do not put that on other people.

Again, repeating pointless insults and claiming you are correct doesn't make you correct.

If you think most people find the following things easy:

- opening a console
- modifying dvd firmware
- verifying and fixing disc images
- understanding release wave numbers and how are they different

then you are out of touch with this entire argument in the first place. The point being "easy" is always relative if I really need to spell it out for you.

You can find instructions on how to fix various aspects of a car online. You can find instructions on how to build a rocket pack online. That doesn't mean it is "easy". People are "capable" of doing any number of things that they never, ever will because they are either intimidated nor possess the required knowledge of doing so. All of which assumes people are actually capable of following instructions in the first place.

You can call me and everyone else any number of names, it doesn't make you correct or even on the same planet as correct would be. The 360 has the highest software attach rate, meaning people want it's games the most and yet it's piracy numbers are far lower than less desirable platforms. That's for a number of reasons and a big part of it is because unlike the original Xbox, they have not made it easy. If you were talking about the original Xbox which had a very no-nonsense method of softmodding then you would have a point that I might agree with. Instead you throw out immature names and sound like some Halo fratboy which is amusing enough but not particularly intelligent.

52. removed Mar 18, 2010, 16:50 Enahs

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 19, 2010, 10:31.

- W. C. Fields

51. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 16:36 Verno

Just FYI, claiming you are right doesn't actually make you right and no one is fooled by that kind of silliness either. You can't bully people into accepting your opinion, especially when it's poorly informed and not backed up by anything. Your internet aggression is amusing but wasted, I've been trolled by far better so save it for someone who might care.

If reading two small paragraphs is exhausting then you aren't going to make it far through school by the way. It's not my fault you're coming off as a hilariously puffed up whiner. "Wahhh stop using your brain and making sense! Holy shit numbers?! This is getting complicated, aww my head hurts guys!!!" You'll need basic knowledge like that to mod your Xbox 360 even with those youtube instructions by the way Computer

And Microsoft obviously didn't detect people who didn't keep their Xbox online

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2010, 16:47.

50. removed Mar 18, 2010, 16:33 Enahs

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 19, 2010, 10:31.

- W. C. Fields

49. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 16:22 Verno

No, I'm not. You can google Xbox 360 installed base and add this years NPD numbers to get 35,000,000 Xbox's. You can google the banning figures from the October 2009 ban wave. Microsoft claimed it was 500,000 but most people agreed that seemed pretty high but for the purposes of the argument I gave you the extra figures anyways.

And you again say how hard it is and what you can and can not do. But it takes one google search to have full detailed step by step instructions to follow. In color. With video and sound too! How is that so hard for you to understand?

And you say again how easy it is to find instructions but one can find instructions to do ANYTHING online, it doesn't mean people will actually do it. To most people the Xbox 360 is a magical gaming machine that they would never dare open. There are also numerous other penalties like voiding ones Live account and so on. Obnoxious as it is, people actually care about dumb shit like gamerscore, achievements and friends lists. Other posters have repeated this to you as well, you just seem to want ignore it. Now, are you going to add anything of substance or are you just going to keep saying "im right, youre wrong!"?

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2010, 16:28.

48. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 16:19 Enahs

You sure seem awfully damn confident in knowing there is not a lot of piracy? Nobody can know that. You are freakin crazy. You know nothing. You are making up random numbers to suite your argument.

And you again say how hard it is and what you can and can not do. But it takes one google search to have full detailed step by step instructions to follow. In color. With video and sound too! How is that so hard for you to understand?

- W. C. Fields

47. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 16:10 Verno

Enahs wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 15:21:
What a moron. You were saying how hard it is to pirate console games and that is why they are not pirated much. I am stating, piracy in the xbox is very freakin easy and so maybe there is more pirating then you think.

/yawn. You've done nothing to prove your point other than give silly arguments about the state of today's youth.

I only illustrated how easy it is to pirate on the xbox as you were saying how hard it is. Reading comprehension, get some.

You didn't illustrate anything, you made a highly dubious anecdotal claim about a nephew and Xbox piracy is not "easy". The original Xbox != piracy on the Xbox 360. You can't just softmod a system anymore and most people have no idea about things like dvd firmware revisions or JTAG. You vastly overestimate the average console user. In reality most people's idea of piracy is downloading a movie or song through Ares. Just because someone is capable of it doesn't mean everyone is. The rumored 250,000-500,000 Xbox consoles banned when microsoft was able to finally detect -all- firmware modifications was even considered too high an estimate. There are over 35,000,000 Xbox 360's in the world right now.

For such an "easy" to modify system using your argument, that sure isn't a lot of piracy. Certainly not compared to even other console platforms where piracy actually is easy. Amusingly enough, the Xbox 360 has the highest software attach in the industry which certainly doesn't help your argument either.

Now Wii piracy, PSP piracy, those are a different story.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2010, 16:16.

46. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 15:21 Enahs

What a moron. You were saying how hard it is to pirate console games and that is why they are not pirated much. I am stating, piracy in the xbox is very freakin easy and so maybe there is more pirating then you think.

Where did I say PC games are not pirated? Where did I say consoles are pirated more? No where.

I only illustrated how easy it is to pirate on the xbox as you were saying how hard it is. Reading comprehension, get some.

- W. C. Fields

45. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 14:39 Caveman

You got that from the Rugrats cartoon right?  

44. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 14:19 Verno

Enahs wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 12:00:
Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 10:08:
"Dude seriously kids are so spoiled these days" isn't much of an argument, at least not one worth a serious response.

Whatever. You refuse to see that if a 9 year old can and did mod his x-box, many people are.

Whatever. You refuse to see that if a 9 year old can modify an Xbox then PC piracy is infinitely easier to perform. For an encore maybe you can talk about walking 20 miles to school uphill in bare feet to go along with your "oh those youngins today!" argument.

43. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 12:46 Ray Marden

Just do as your told.

Ideally, just because Ubi says so.

If not, because some online/print journalst (who more and more are being heavily influenced by advertising dollars) says so.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You think you know what you like? No, don't think - don't you dare. Do as you're told. Love the company. Cherish the company. Work for the company. Give all your money, sweat, and tears to the company...
Become one with the collective.
Generally figuring that I know myself best,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

42. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 12:00 Enahs

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 10:08:
"Dude seriously kids are so spoiled these days" isn't much of an argument, at least not one worth a serious response.

Whatever. You refuse to see that if a 9 year old can and did mod his x-box, many people are.

- W. C. Fields

41. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 11:32 justice7

seems obvious but why not post a demo sans-DRM?  

40. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 10:17 Ant

Verno wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 09:49:
Enahs wrote on Mar 18, 2010, 09:32:
Teenagers are willing to try anything, and will happily open up their xbox to mod it based off of instructions they find on the internet.

When you were a teenager, how many times did you have a spare $200-300 laying around to replace a console? If anything it would be adults more willing to open up their Xbox, they have the disposable income to replace it. Regardless, "teenagers" are probably a much smaller console piracy crowd than the 21-35 crowd, at least in the cases where any physical modification is required. Something like the PSP would be a different story.

No PC demo = No get from me

So if there was a demo you'd stomach the godawful DRM?
Maybe.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

39. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 18, 2010, 10:08 Verno

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo