Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer

Publisher IDEA Games and developer Bohemia Interactive Studios announce the release of the first video trailer for ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, the upcoming standalone expansion for the military shooter sequel, saying "this 1st Intel from the planned series of video introductions has been declassified for immediate analysis at http://www.arma2.com" (though there is no mention of the video there as of this writing). Word is: "The video showcases a selection of US Army content featured in ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and created in stunning detail. Near future American troops are equipped with the best weapon platforms, including modernized Abrams main battle tanks, AH-64 Apache gunships, fully playable M2A3 Bradley IFV which is a superb modern armored fighting vehicle that can transport troops whilst also offer effective covering fire, the versatile light attack helicopter MH-6 Little Bird as well as the eight wheel armored infantry vehicle Stryker in numerous variations. The video also contains the first official sneak-peek at the very popular and much anticipated modern FLIR system created with Bohemia's precision to every detail including the full vehicle heating phase." The HD trailer is embedded below.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 15:21 OldScho0l

ASJD wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 15:19:
WTF they still haven't even come close to fixing up ArmA2, and haven't brought the latest patch to Steam and now they expect people to buy more?

Seriously, NEVER AGAIN will I buy shit from this company.

That's exactly what I was thinking. /: I can't get this game to run above 27fps on any setting (I did manual patch too). I have a great PC too. I can get it to run great for the benchmark test and intros and such, but in game it goes from 19-30fps. In towns, forget it. It sucks because I want to play this badly. ArmA was the same way but they eventually patched it and it ran great.

My CPU never goes above 84% and my RAM is never above 1.6GB for this game. I have tried all the commands to try to fix this. I'm also running a BFG 285GTX OC3. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this out this slug. I can max out or minimize all settings and the framerate does not change at all. It appears that something is wrong with this game because it does not use the full power of my PC.

I have tried Xp-64bit and Vista-64bit. I have not tried the 32 versions. I'm not going to a 32bit OS for this. I doubt it would even make a difference.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 07:22 CommunistHamster

It's a simulator! The voice acting needs merely to be functional. Do you complain about the bad crowd graphics in sports games?

I've played scenarios in Arma 2 which could be gotten nowhere else, it's an effort to get into but once you're in it's amazing.

24. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 05:25 TSO

Really looking forward to it! Original Arma2 plus mod is unbeaten.  

23. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 01:45 Dr. D. Schreber

So are you trying to tell us PC games are inferior pieces of buggy trash that have no entertainment value, poor production values, and shitty controls and are only enjoyed by brain dead pieces of living shit? Because I'm pretty sure what that's what you just said, Mr. Shit.

Forgot "Voice acting that makes Zelda on the CDi look like Oscar-material."

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

22. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 01:07 Prez

I think it's a great game myself. Not too interested in an expansion though.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 00:58 KilrathiAce

There are reasons why patch is not out on steam, its because Valve does not posses some tools and it would force owners to redownload entire game or close to it every time patch is out, and thus steam owners are encouraged to download the patch itself and patch their games.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

20. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 17, 2010, 00:31 Surf

Which Mods? The game shouldnt have to be heavily modded if it is a good game, but I am glad they allowed Mods.

I like the Battlefield 2 mod... errr, game over this garbage.

19. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 23:25 bfg9000

Do not buy Arma 2 for single player. Multiplayer (and with mods) this game is worth every penny. It's really just a sandbox toolkit and the community went to town creating content.
All those vehicles in the trailer are already in ACE, and with Mandos mod the apache has a good FLIR. Be interested to see if BIS one is better though. I nearly had a wet dream when I first installed Mandos and figured out how to drop LGB Paveways on ground targets from high altitude.

18. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 22:19 ASJD

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 18:07:
Yeah guys, you better go back playing your BC2 or MW2 console crap. This game is nothing for you, because its a real PC game, with real PC controls, real PC complexity and a real PC community.

Oh and I cant wait for this expansion. The original is so awesome that I actually bought a new SSD, quadcore, TrackIR and 4 extra GB of RAM for it only.

So are you trying to tell us PC games are inferior pieces of buggy trash that have no entertainment value, poor production values, and shitty controls and are only enjoyed by brain dead pieces of living shit? Because I'm pretty sure what that's what you just said, Mr. Shit.

17. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 20:09 Drayth

I love it.

16. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 20:07 Shataan

I loved ARMA 2s visuals etc etc etc. But gave up on it cause quite frankly, the sp campaign sucked ball. I don`t buy games for the editor either. If they ever actually release something with a decent campaign, I might give it a try.  

15. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 19:51 Surf

"And yet the people loved it."

Really? All 6 of you doesn't really comprise of the word People or Group so much in the gaming world.

GAME SUCKS!

14. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 18:57 Wildone

You guys gotta try the ACE2 mod, it has little bird, Apache (no flir of any use) and a bunch of other things, it really adds a lot to the game tho. MP is where its at.  

13. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 18:50 Ginny

And yet the people loved it.

The arma/operation flashpoint ip built it's reputation from being what it was.

Look at the way codemasters were falling over themselfs to exploit the flashpoint ip.

Then what happened, they release a half baked sequel that disapointed nearly everybody that bought it, because it wasn't that loved realistic aproach of the original.

No doubt about it Arma/2 deserves it critics for the issues it suffers from reguarding the state of the game, as every other game does the same.

But Bohemia atleast try and resolve those issues, as proven with the extensive patch/changenotes. Given the sheer size and scope of the game relative to their operational size and budget compared to other developers with less ambitious in size games out there, i think people expect too much.. all arguements withstanding.

And no, im no fanboy, i just don't think knocking these guys is a good thing considering what they bring to the table.

These guys have no money, yet bring a quality product to the pc market.

12. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 18:07 Muscular Beaver

Yeah guys, you better go back playing your BC2 or MW2 console crap. This game is nothing for you, because its a real PC game, with real PC controls, real PC complexity and a real PC community.

Oh and I cant wait for this expansion. The original is so awesome that I actually bought a new SSD, quadcore, TrackIR and 4 extra GB of RAM for it only.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

11. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 18:03 Surf

This game is utter dogshit. So confusing as the reviews out there give it an 8/10 or higher and then another similar site or mag says 3/10.

Game is just and ugly sim that can't figure out what it wants to do. Hence the reason that maybe 1000 people play this online at any given time IN THE WORLD!

Totally SUCKS.

10. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 17:17 Donkey_Punch

LittleMe wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 15:35:
I think the thing to keep in mind with this series is that it's more for military fanatics and not gamers.

I am no longer a fan of BIS but I gotta say your comment is idiotic. Not all gamers have attention spans of six year olds. I assume you are console gamer? Personally I don't mind a steep learning curve in my games but I hardly found Arma to be difficult at all. Filled with bugs yes. Difficult to play, definitely not.

edit: Oh I see. Looking at your previous posts you are an adversarial player. You consider CounterStrike and other mindless games "real" games.

9. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 16:45 SirKnight

Joss wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 16:30:
...and haven't brought the latest patch to Steam and now they expect people to buy more?

Here, Merry Christmas. 1.05 Patch

I see his comment went completely over your head.

8. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 16:30 Joss

...and haven't brought the latest patch to Steam and now they expect people to buy more?

Here, Merry Christmas. 1.05 Patch

7. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer Mar 16, 2010, 16:20 briktal

WTF they still haven't even come close to fixing up ArmA2, and haven't brought the latest patch to Steam and now they expect people to buy more?

Seriously, NEVER AGAIN will I buy shit from this company.

Hey, it's only been 3 months.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo