Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 8, 2010, 00:01 zirik

newegg tried to raise capital by going public last year. this is a bad sign for a company the size of newegg. if they were a start up and went public it would have been okay. it doesnt help that the real owners are from mainland china. newegg is the front for at least five layers of corporations. so this problem of selling fake products is not surprising given that the company is running short on cash and bleeding by way of huge operating cost.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 14:14 Mashiki Amiketo

That excuse doesn't sound right.
It's not right. It's typical CYA from a reseller, back when I was in the business we got the same run around from major suppliers. Ingram and Supercom. There's usually someone on the inside swapping or there's taint in the supply chain. Anyone who was in the business from the mid 90's to early 2000's will remember how bad it was with silk screened chips.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 14:12 wrlwnd

Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but Newegg is not the same company it was a year ago. New ownership I've heard.  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 13:36 Beamer

If you guys read the thread, this happened to many people and Newegg is claiming to have accidentally sent out "demo boxes."

That excuse doesn't sound right. So, whether Newegg should be blamed for missing this or not, it certainly appears that they're not giving the honest truth to customers. Unless somehow demo boxes are made this exact yet full of typos...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 12:53 Blackhawk

In the past seven or so years, I've ordered dozens of shipments of PC parts and accessories. Every single one of them was from Newegg. I've had a couple of DOAs (manufacturer's fault), and every one of them was replaced in a heartbeat by Newegg. I've never had a single issue that Newegg was responsible for.

There is no question that someone scammed Newegg, and the consumers got the results. There is no way Newegg was involved in some sort of 'conspiracy.' You don't toss out a stellar reputation for a scam involving a 100% chance of being found out by every single victim.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 10:14 MMORPGHoD

More likely a supplier added counterfeit units in a very large shipment. The CPUs were non-functional, so I doubt anyone at newegg would be stupid enough to expose themselves to that kind of bad PR.  

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 08:34 Hump

I would be very surprised if NewEgg is even aware of having "fake' stock. Their reputation is the #1 reason why people are so loyal (including myself).  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 05:33 LittleMe

Maybe it's just an employee stealing the real one and replacing it with the fake.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 6, 2010, 03:50 BobBob

Wow, some serious lawsuit if he is lying or if it's true.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo