Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Metro 2033

THQ announces that Metro 2033 is now gold and 4A Games' post-apocalyptic shooter is due for Windows and Xbox 360 on March 16 in the U.S. and Germany, March 18 in Australia, and March 19 everywhere else. There's a new "Ghosts of the Metro" trailer on the Metro 2033 Website showing off the graphics that THQ's Huw Beynon told Computer and Video Games is a PC "love letter," saying: "If you are a core PC gamer and you're wondering where all the love's gone when your PC games are just a slightly higher res version of what's on the console, then I'd say 4A are writing a love letter to you and doing absolutely everything to make the PC version phenomenal." Here's a bit on the game:

The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.

You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 6, 2010, 16:12 xXBatmanXx

Dang, the book doesn't come out until the 18th.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 6, 2010, 01:59 eRe4s3r

I blame Blizzard  

15. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 20:07 The Half Elf

LOL for some reason if Blizzard did a Aliens vs Predator game with Murlocks as the Aliens, humans as the.. well the humans and the Tauren or Squid people as Predator (same game mechanics just changed the models and sound effects), I would SOOOO buy it  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 18:13 Prez

If they live underground for 25 years, then what do they eat that whole time?

Ratburgers. Topped with mushrooms. C'mon man - use your imagination.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

13. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 18:10 Shadowcat

uhmmm why? Because it supports 3D glasses? Phbbbt...how about supports mods, has dedicated servers, and free follow-along content.
That was the pre-console definition of PC support.

You mis-read the quote:

showing off the graphics that THQ's Huw Beynon told Computer and Video Games is a PC "love letter"

They are explicitly only talking about how good it looks on PC.

Also, expecting official "free follow-along content" from any game is ludicrous. Only a small minority of PC games have ever provided this, regardless of the console market.

12. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 16:09 xXBatmanXx

I have the book on order, it also released int he US today translated from Russian (?) so going to wait, probably rent this game since it is on rails.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 15:57 Overon

My only question is how is the PC version different from the console 360 version?  

10. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 15:57 JoeNapalm

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 15:04:
So we play the Murlocks.. now that would be imbalanced gameplay. although... it might make an interesting rpg....

I think you meant "Morlocks" not "Murlocks"?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

PS - WRrrrLLLuraaarrrrghh!

9. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 15:04 eRe4s3r

So we play the Murlocks.. now that would be imbalanced gameplay. although... it might make an interesting rpg....  

8. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 14:20 Surf

"I wonder... are consoles holding back the advancement of gaming?"

Of course consoles are as you pointed out, they are trying to cater to the lowest common denominator. When money is involved and/or the sole reason for your business survival, the art suffers tremendously because people don't want to take risk. We will see more movies like The Transformers than say American Psycho for this very reason, money.

Also consoles assume you are dumb and it is displayed in nearly all games with big arrows floating over the screen saying GO THIS WAY as opposed to Stalker where you are almost totally free to roam and get completely in over your head.

Lastly, the gaming industry is just stagnant. How many more FPS do we need? How many more WW2 games? RTS games? I find the only innovation is coming from small games like Plants vs. Zombies, Defense Grid, World of Goo, Osmos or out of Europe with Stalker, Space Rangers and perhaps even Metro 2033.

7. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 13:57 Grumpy Sod

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 10:54:
They eat the Eloi that live on the surface stupid!

6. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 13:00 Cutter

And a demo. Let's not forget a demo.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 12:58 Dev

I wonder... are consoles holding back the advancement of gaming? We see a lot of new techonology on PC's but few games that do much with it. I think game companies are perhaps developing for lowest common denominator in both gameplay AND technological advancements.

Anyway, I like post apoc games, hope this turns out good!

4. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 10:54 InBlack

They eat the Eloi that live on the surface stupid!  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 10:49 eRe4s3r

If they live underground for 25 years, then what do they eat that whole time?  

2. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 10:12 ^mortis^

uhmmm why? Because it supports 3D glasses? Phbbbt...how about supports mods, has dedicated servers, and free follow-along content.
That was the pre-console definition of PC support.

^m^

1. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 10:10 InBlack

"If you are a core PC gamer and you're wondering where all the love's gone when your PC games are just a slightly higher res version of what's on the console, then I'd say 4A are writing a love letter to you and doing absolutely everything to make the PC version phenomenal."

Thats a pretty major statement there. Lets see if they can back it up with something, the game sounds very "generic" to me.

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo