Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QuakeCon 2010 Announced

QuakeCon 2010 has been announced for August 12-15, reports Shacknews, saying the id Software gaming convention will return to the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX. There are no details about specific plans, though they make note of previous indications that more of id's RAGE will be shown off at this year's QuakeCon. Update: The id Software Website has details:

WHAT: QuakeCon is a free convention held yearly in Dallas, Texas brought to you by id Software, Bethesda Softworks and their parent company ZeniMax Media Inc.. Thousands of gamers gather in one location to play with their friends on a giant gaming network, see the latest in cool technology, hear about upcoming games and compete in world-class tournaments.

WHO: Fans of computer and videogames. The event is FREE to all attendees thanks to the support of id and Bethesda as well as the QuakeCon volunteer staff and the 2010 event sponsors and exhibitors.

WHEN: August 12-15, 2010

WHERE: Hilton Anatole Hotel - Dallas, Texas

WHY: Play in world-class tournaments, meet and interact with game developers, be the first to learn new information about upcoming computer and videogames and have the opportunity to frag with friends on QuakeCon’s massive Bring Your Own Computer network.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: QuakeCon 2010 Announced Mar 6, 2010, 00:56 Jerykk

Is this the convention where they announce Quake 5, the PC-exclusive, multiplayer-only sequel to Q3?

That would be awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: QuakeCon 2010 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 14:44 LittleMe

Lets all go and play BF:BC2 or a good MP shooter, which id hasn't delivered in a looooong time. Well, Q4 is fun but... I don't know why but I don't play it. Rather play Quake1 MP.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: QuakeCon 2010 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 11:44 SirKnight

Hopefully we'll get some decent Doom 4 info/screens/footage. I just hope it's not Doom 3 with id Tech 5.  

1. Re: QuakeCon 2010 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 11:40 strich

Blue, when you gonna make it back down here to Dallas for the con? I'm sure you haven't done it in ages. Probably since before it got big time.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo