Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix

BASHandSlash.com outlines a fix for connectivity issues with the PC edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that may be solved by manually updating PunkBuster. They also have word for users who pre-purchased the game through Steam on how to get the Limited Edition weapons. Thanks Joker961.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 5, 2010, 00:14 TurdFergasun

i'm sure the ppl directly responsible would like hours and hours to try and get it working before it was released. unfortunately the giant inept beast EA is fueled inefficiently by mass quantities of meaningless numbers that are produced by rushing games out too early and giving them an disproportionate marketing budget instead of a fully funded development team/schedule.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 19:18 Bard

DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 13:15:
These are just "smoke and mirror" fixes, they need to buckle down and really fix the game by releasing a patch for the client.

for starters they can implement a regional filter to the server browser so you don't see UK servers unless you live in the UK.

I've spent HOURS trying to get this game working - i've come to the conclusion those responsible for the underlying infrastructure are incompetent. Maybe they have a better explanation.

22. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 19:16 Bard

The stories linked fix does not work here.  

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 19:03 Dirtyallen

Verno, et al.

Thanks for the help. Updating the audio driver has stopped the game locking up my system.

It still takes me 10 or so tries to actually join a game through the browser. But at least it is displaying pings now.

Cheers

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 16:32 Bucky

I've been having the ping problem, even running as Admin in Win 7 64. I just did the PB update, so we'll see how much things have smoothed out when I log in later tonight.

This game really is a blast, though. The problems may set off the occasional bout of nerd rage, but I'm willing to deal with it in order to play. I'll be rather grumpy if things haven't settled down somewhat by this weekend, though.

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 14:42 xXBatmanXx

Yea I also got the pb, but only in TEAM RUSH games.

Oh, and if anyone wants to squad up:

xxbatmanxx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 14:37 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 14:09:
FYI, if you are having this type of problem, it's probably not the game's fault. Windows should not crash like that. I suggest you update all your drivers to the latest version, including your ethernet, sound, motherboard, cpu, etc.. Even your BIOS or BIOS settings could be at faut. You overclocking? That might be the cause also. Overclocking can be very unpredictable as far as stability goes. When overclocking, twenty games can be fine, and one can still BSOD.

Not true. This is the same problem that plagued L4D2, after a couple of updates, this problem vanished.

Sometimes with new games, just have to be patient. I have recieved 3 updates already for the game.

Nah you're both right. Often times the game is buggy as hell for sure but just as often someone is using outdated or buggy drivers that are causing some issue. PC's are just a really complicated platform to QA effectively Sorry to hear you're getting CTDs though Batman, that sucks. I haven't had any yet, crossing my fingers. I did however get kicked from a few servers due to PunkBuster being retarded.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 14:11 xXBatmanXx

I get lock up, freeze frame, no sound, CTD in that order every coulpe of hours. Sucks when you are doing really well and you don't get the points, but oh well.

New game, new bugs to be worked out.

All in all it is going well.
They are responding to CTDs and other issues with quick mini updates.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 14:09 xXBatmanXx

FYI, if you are having this type of problem, it's probably not the game's fault. Windows should not crash like that. I suggest you update all your drivers to the latest version, including your ethernet, sound, motherboard, cpu, etc.. Even your BIOS or BIOS settings could be at faut. You overclocking? That might be the cause also. Overclocking can be very unpredictable as far as stability goes. When overclocking, twenty games can be fine, and one can still BSOD.

Not true. This is the same problem that plagued L4D2, after a couple of updates, this problem vanished.

Sometimes with new games, just have to be patient. I have recieved 3 updates already for the game.

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 14:00 Tumbler

Loving this game.

The Isla Inocents map is amazing. The battles on that are so much fun, blackhawks flying all over getting shot out of the sky, gorgeous scenery, huge battlefield, fucking amazing map.

Managed to nail a Blackhawk with a dart and fired off a locked missle on him, was so much fun watching that helo try to get away and duck behind a hill only to have the missle chase him around blowing him out of the sky. So much fun.

I'm surprised the laser guided bomb is not a weapon in this game. That was my favorite part of the first BFBC I assumed it would be making another appearance. It wasn't balanced, but it was FUN! The mortar strike is a better option but it'd be fun to see that make an appearance as like a stationary defensive weapon or something like that UAV thing.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 13:15 DangerDog

These are just "smoke and mirror" fixes, they need to buckle down and really fix the game by releasing a patch for the client.

for starters they can implement a regional filter to the server browser so you don't see UK servers unless you live in the UK.

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 12:52 eRe4s3r

Sadly the unlock time for me (EU) was the launch night problem for you ,p But for me its a (for now) ongoing problem. I will simply wait a day or 2 i guess.. plenty games to play this week ,p  

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 12:42 Verno

I had no problems playing last night to be honest but launch night was a nightmare.

If anyone is looking to speed up load times, hit your Settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder under My Documents in your user folder. Set the dxversion from auto to 9 and load times go from 45 seconds per map to about 15. It looks a bit worse than the DX10/11 but the gameplay doesn't suffer for it. That way you can spawn first and grab the heli before some retard crashes it during liftoff.

11. Connectivity Fix doesn't fix anything Mar 4, 2010, 12:38 eRe4s3r

Servers still largely unconnectable and EA mainstream server overloaded.

Ah well, it was to be expected, i am guessing it will be another 2 days before i get to play this at all... Well back to Star Wolves 3 ;p

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 11:03 LittleMe

One thing I did notice though was that the game performance goes to shit if I bring up the scoreboard in-game and it takes 5-15 seconds before the framerate goes above 1 FPS again.

I'm not getting that issue here. Vid drivers up-to-date? (long shot guess)

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 10:57 briktal

Didn't know about the ping thing. I did find the long server browser refresh times annoying. One thing I did notice though was that the game performance goes to shit if I bring up the scoreboard in-game and it takes 5-15 seconds before the framerate goes above 1 FPS again.  

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 10:52 Dirtyallen

I will give it a go when I get home from work. Thanks for the help fellas.

Again, not being critical of the game, its the most fun I've had online since first playing cs way back when.

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 10:46 Verno

Via drivers can be found here. I have the same sound chipset and no issues using the latest Via drivers from the Asus site FWIW.  

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 10:43 LittleMe

For sound, that motherboard has the "VIA VT1828S 8-channel HD audio codec with support for DTS Surround Sensation" I suggest you google around and find the latest drivers on the VIA site. The ASUS site probably has outdated drivers but check there too, just in case.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 10:43 Verno

You've got other problems going on if you still can't see pings running as admin and given the range of issues you're experiencing I doubt that's all related to the game itself. I have an Asus P7P55D Pro with a Radeon 5850/Core i5-750 running Win7-64, that setup none of those problems you're experiencing and we share some drivers there.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo