Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming

Electronic Arts UK Community Forums have word from Barrie "Bazajaytee" Tingle that a server fix is inbound for a problem that can cause players to be immediately kicked after joining Battlefield: Bad Company 2 servers (thanks littleme). Here's word:

For all the players connecting to servers and being kicked straight away (and pbsetup.exe or manual updating didn't help) then you will be happy to know we are sending out R4 servers to our hosting providers which will hopefully solve this issue.

This is going out to the hosts shortly and then allowing time for them to update you should see connections going back to normal in the next few hours and continuing to spread to all servers during this evening.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 4, 2010, 12:47 Verno

Did you play a ranked game after doing the code? For some dumb reason they make you join a ranked server and play a round, then your unlocks will show up properly. There's a bunch of odd things like that, it's made the launch pretty dodgy.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 4, 2010, 11:39 xXBatmanXx

My unlocks didn't work.

Code put in, took it, didn't unlock.

Oh well, already unlocked them all anyway.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 21:02 DV

MMORPGHoD wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 20:24:
try to get in/buy before March 15. I believe that is when the deal for the LE/free unlocks is up.

How does that work? You buy the game and get some sort of unlock code or any account created before March 15th gets the free unlocks?

Edit: ah, I see what you mean, the LE (more expensive Limited Edition) on steam has the unlocks. Btw: gogamer has the regular version for sale, $42.90

Think after the 15th there will be a normal and le version.

36. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 20:59 DV

Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 19:47:
DV wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 19:46:
Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 18:38:
Ant, try to get in/buy before March 15. I believe that is when the deal for the LE/free unlocks is up.
What are LE/free unlocks about? Just weapons, right?

Yes, better weapons and armor upgrades that you'd normaly have to unlock thru leveling.
All of them?

Just 6 unlocks or 7 if you pre-ordered from gamestop.

35. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 20:24 MMORPGHoD

try to get in/buy before March 15. I believe that is when the deal for the LE/free unlocks is up.

How does that work? You buy the game and get some sort of unlock code or any account created before March 15th gets the free unlocks?

Edit: ah, I see what you mean, the LE (more expensive Limited Edition) on steam has the unlocks. Btw: gogamer has the regular version for sale, $42.90

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2010, 20:30.

34. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 19:47 Ant

DV wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 19:46:
Ant, try to get in/buy before March 15. I believe that is when the deal for the LE/free unlocks is up.

Yes, better weapons and armor upgrades that you'd normaly have to unlock thru leveling.
All of them?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

33. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 19:46 DV

32. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 19:43 Bucky

Well, this update obviously hasn't made it very far. After half an hour of attempting to get into a game, I've given up. Been kicked out of every one I've managed to get into. And that was after 5 minutes of attempting to get my login to go through. The servers are all obviously getting hammered right now.

Guess I'll just try again later.

31. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 19:33 Marvin T. Martian

Fausticle wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 18:55:
Bought this stupid game (DVD) and I can't even play it because the auto update is fucked for me >:(

Anyone know where I can dl a manual update?

Had the same problem on the release date. I gave up and waited
18hrs and all is working fine--could update, login, redeem codes and play. EA should have anticpated the hit its' servers would take on release day--so no excuse for their incompetence, but all went well when I got home from work and started up the game.

30. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 18:55 Fausticle

Bought this stupid game (DVD) and I can't even play it because the auto update is fucked for me >:(

Anyone know where I can dl a manual update?

29. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 18:38 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

28. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 18:35 DV

Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 17:19:
Awesome. It makes me want to get the game more. Just need to wait for sales and free time (way too busy!).

27. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 17:47 LittleMe

Few snags here and there, but with all of the fixes and tweaks - this game is awesome.

Agreed. Having a blast!!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

26. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 17:19 Ant

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 17:16:
Thanks.

Do I assume the game server browser will show which ones are HC and not?

Yes.
The browser is super friendly.
Filters work great as well.
Awesome. It makes me want to get the game more. Just need to wait for sales and free time (way too busy!).

25. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 17:16 xXBatmanXx

Thanks.

Yes.
The browser is super friendly.
Filters work great as well.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

24. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 17:10 xXBatmanXx

Few snags here and there, but with all of the fixes and tweaks - this game is awesome.  

23. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 17:10 Ant

Bucky wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 16:52:
Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 16:48:
Question: What is hard core (HC)? Is that level difficulty in single player or something?

Across a few different games, such as Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 it's server settings that alter how multiplayer plays. Things are typically adjusted for greater realism, IE: no crosshairs, higher bullet damage, limited to no HUD (no minimap, no heads up waypoints or ammo counts), FF ON, etc. It creates a distinctly different feel. I personally enjoy both modes, so it's all good.

Edit: Wow, the quote system broke big-time. The only tag I can see in use is the /quote tag and it looks fine. All the other formatting stuff is.....odd.
Edit 2: Fixed. Make sure there's a space between the time stamp and the quoted text.
Thanks.

22. Re: HC Mar 3, 2010, 16:52 Bucky

Ant wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 16:48:
Question: What is hard core (HC)? Is that level difficulty in single player or something?

Across a few different games, such as Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 it's server settings that alter how multiplayer plays. Things are typically adjusted for greater realism, IE: no crosshairs, higher bullet damage, limited to no HUD (no minimap, no heads up waypoints or ammo counts), FF ON, etc. It creates a distinctly different feel. I personally enjoy both modes, so it's all good.

Edit: Wow, the quote system broke big-time. The only tag I can see in use is the /quote tag and it looks fine. All the other formatting stuff is.....odd.
Edit 2: Fixed. Make sure there's a space between the time stamp and the quoted text.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2010, 16:58.

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Kick on Connect Fix Coming Mar 3, 2010, 16:49 Bucky

Loving this game to death.

I hit the kick bug a few times last night and was beginning to wonder about that. Glad they're on top of it.

Regarding kits: yeah, the basic stuff isn't unlocked at the start. It was a few minutes before I figured it out, and then a few more before I realized that I hadn't entered the code for the LE unlocks.

20. HC Mar 3, 2010, 16:48 Ant

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo