Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

There are still thousands of homes without power in this general area, and word is half our village will still be powerless until at least tomorrow, so I am very thankful we managed to skate through this storm as easily as we did. The outages are due to trees snapping power lines, and getting out and about yesterday showed why this was the case, as we saw dozens of trees in our neighborhood that were felled by the weather.

Fallen Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Marvel Tribute.
Medieval Siege.
Links: Pulp Fiction Action Figures Are Weird.
12 Most Awesome Cosplay Costumes. Thanks Digg.
Stories: Furious Ryanair passenger eats his $13,600 winning lottery ticket.
Boozy chimp sent to rehab. Thanks ^Drag0n^.
Science: Science Proves 3-D Movies Hurt Your Brain.
The Next Global Superpower is... Korea?
Record grooves under an electron microscope. Thanks Dark Roasted Blend.
Pac-Man hidden in LG logo. Thanks Digg.
All This Effort And They’re Not Playing SMB3?
Follow-up: Atom smasher restarts to prepare for new science. Thanks Slashdot.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 23:05 MTechnik

I live on the same power grid as a hospital. They restore that puppy with priority. It's a nice bonus. We were only out for about 3 hours, the Wawa down the road (different grid) was out for 2 days.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Science Proves 3-D Movies Hurt Your Brain. Mar 1, 2010, 20:05 space captain

thats because those people havent undergone the proper amount of psychotropic conditioning

your brains are tighter than a nun's creaky legs

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 16:59 Bucky

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 10:39:
/edit: Its been a while since i was excited abuot a game (maybe GTA4?) but I am pretty excited about Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Have some friends that are playing a "copy" of the game who also hvae their pre-order int he que, and they flat out say, this is the game you need. The new sliced bread I guess. Sounds like performance and hitboxes were worked over pretty good.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough. Just wonder what the Steam time release will be.

I keep checking to see if I can preload it yet. I didn't play the beta and I've never played any of the Battlefield games but the word of mouth got me. Now I just want to play.

6. The Future of Apple Mar 1, 2010, 13:29 theyarecomingforyou

ROTFLMAO.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 12:42 Silicon Avatar

If you get headaches when you watch 3D movies, just make sure you concentrate on the part that is in focus.

If you try to look at the background or other parts of the film that are fuzzy you will get a headache trying to "focus" the blur.

I used to get headaches until I started doing that and now 3d is fine for me.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 11:57 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 10:39:
Good luck to everyone in your area Blue....i can't even begin to imagine the nightmare of not having power....I remember when nin went through it. Like the friggen dark ages.

Fortunately we've managed to avoid any major power issues, even during that massive tri-state blackout some years back that left NY City without power for a while.

My block used to frequently have little power outages that would last a few hours for little-to-no reason whatsoever, this went on for over a decade. I guess PSE&G finally got their act together and fixed it, I hear it was one of the companies nearby.

When I was quite young we apparently went without power for days at a different town due to a hurricane, but I didn't mind at that age. I remember it, but I wasn't that into TV then and would play outside.

Going multiple days now would be quite... annoying. If long enough, perhaps annoying enough to go far out enough to find a hotel with power.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 11:16 Hoop

Not gonna bother with Battlefield BC2.
Same race track different scenery.
Was tempted because they bothered to create a singleplayer campaign, but I just can't do that Battlefield multiplayer style of running patterns head here set bomb there disable bomb rinse soak repeat thing anymore....have fun though.

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 10:39 xXBatmanXx

Good luck to everyone in your area Blue....i can't even begin to imagine the nightmare of not having power....I remember when nin went through it. Like the friggen dark ages.

Those record grooves pictures are fuggin awesome.

/edit: Its been a while since i was excited abuot a game (maybe GTA4?) but I am pretty excited about Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Have some friends that are playing a "copy" of the game who also hvae their pre-order int he que, and they flat out say, this is the game you need. The new sliced bread I guess. Sounds like performance and hitboxes were worked over pretty good.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough. Just wonder what the Steam time release will be.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2010, 10:30 nin

Think it's been a little over 2 years since we had that epic ice storm here. I had no power for 9 days...I still have nightmares. I've never seen so many trees down, blocking roads. To this day you can still find trees where the branches are permanently bent down, but continuing to grow.  
http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo