Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained

The multiple delays to Splinter: Cell Conviction were to provide extra time to fix issues with the game's AI, among other things, Ubisoft game designer Patrick Redding reveals to Computer and Video Games. "You know, as is always the case, you develop this kind of laundry list and think: 'Aw man, if only we had an extra bit of polish time to really go after that and that and that, plus all the usual debugging, that'd be wonderful'," he tells them. "So I mean a lot of it has been fixing issues with the AI, adding different challenge levels, giving the player the right level of difficulty at first." The comments are part of a larger interview about the stealth/action sequel.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Mar 1, 2010, 16:35 Dead Planet

I'm just gonna wait until the game has been hacked/cracked so that we don't need to have a connection to Ubi....then I'll pick it up....  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Mar 1, 2010, 03:42 osage no onna

Maybe Ubisoft titles should just be listed under 'Consolidation' from now on.  

6. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Mar 1, 2010, 01:35 Caveman

That's true I guess, but at least with the 360 version I know I can pop it in and it will work fine a couple of years down the road, can't say the same about any upcoming Ubi PC games.  

5. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Mar 1, 2010, 00:20 siapnar

yeah but on 360 I'd imagine you'd have to rely a lot more on that auto aim gimmick for taking out multiple enemies.

I'm not the biggest fan of that.

No matter, my 360 RROD'd on me for the 4th time the other day. I even cut a hole and attached a 120mm fan pumping air down into the CPU and under the disk drive to the GPU.

Guess there really is no perma fix. I'm going to have to 'fix' the RROD every couple months.

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 17:43 Caveman

Despite Ubi's negligence with the DRM, looking forward to Conviction on the 360.
Ditto.

3. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 17:19 Rhett

Despite Ubi's negligence with the DRM, looking forward to Conviction on the 360.  

2. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 15:16 Fuzzmatang

The multiple delays to Splinter: Cell Conviction were due to using development software protected by Ubisoft DRM. Everytime they lost connection to Ubi's servers, they had to rewrite the code.  

1. Re: Splinter: Cell Conviction Delays Explained Feb 28, 2010, 15:14 Drayth

...wait till our new DRM was in place. You know, that sort of thing.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo