Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Patch

The promised patch to fix widescreen views in BioShock 2 is now available, updating 2K Games' underwater shooter sequel to version 1.0.0.2. The patch, which also addresses an issue with the mouse one button in multiplayer play, can be downloaded from Gamer's Hell and WorthPlaying.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 28, 2010, 19:41 Enahs

OldScho0l wrote on Feb 28, 2010, 14:14:
Guess I'll have to hop on steam and re-download this PoS to test the patch.

OMG! The last game I downloaded from steam took almost 2 days (ArmA II). I'll never buy a game from them again. They should have much faster download speeds if they are going to offer such a service.

Change your download server to one closer to you, or one that as not getting high traffic as a fluke...

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 28, 2010, 14:14 OldScho0l

Guess I'll have to hop on steam and re-download this PoS to test the patch.

OMG! The last game I downloaded from steam took almost 2 days (ArmA II). I'll never buy a game from them again. They should have much faster download speeds if they are going to offer such a service.

9. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 28, 2010, 00:23 Fion

Is this the patch that makes the game actually work for me? Guess I'll have to hop on steam and re-download this PoS to test the patch. That is if the game will run long enough for that hellish Games for Windows - Live to actually work and then patch the game.  

8. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 23:50 Overon

I just cannot believe the incompetence and ineptitude that 2K is showing with this widescreen issue. Dozens of posters, with screenshots and explanations and they still can't get it right. And the thing is that 2K fixed this same problem in Bioshock 1. To have the same problem comeback into Bioshock 2 is just crazy. And then to not be able to fix it, it's doubly crazy. People aren't asking for world, we are just asking to fix it exactly the same way it was done in Bioshock 1.  

7. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 21:54 Marvin T. Martian

It was available in game days ago.
Old news.

6. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 21:40 Acleacius

What's the condition of the game now after a patch or two stable or buggy?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 21:10 Icewind

Dev wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 18:50:
Overon:
LOL, thats hilarious. Probably this only mentions it in patch notes because earlier one fixed it and didn't mention it, so they kept getting ppl asking why it wasn't fixed yet.
So this patch was probably released in large part to get that text into the changelog (even if this wasn't the actual patch that fixed it).

Sounds like 2K Marin isn't too professional.

4. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 18:50 Dev

Overon:
LOL, thats hilarious. Probably this only mentions it in patch notes because earlier one fixed it and didn't mention it, so they kept getting ppl asking why it wasn't fixed yet.
So this patch was probably released in large part to get that text into the changelog (even if this wasn't the actual patch that fixed it).

3. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 15:58 Nucas

did they ever fix their ridiculous "widescreen" implementation?  

2. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 15:49 Bill Borre

Is this the patch that replaces the insipid dialogue with actual writing?  

1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 15:23 Overon

This is the 2nd bioshock patch, wasn't it available days ago?

Read this:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=682016&postcount=69

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2010, 15:45.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo