Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer

A new trailer from Transformers: War for Cybertron reveals gameplay from the upcoming action game prequel for the first time. The clip is accompanied by a batch of new screenshots as well as this gameplay description: "Transformers: War for Cybertron features two distinct storylines: the AUTOBOT campaign tells a story of heroism to save their home planet against overwhelming odds, and the DECEPTICON campaign tells a story of an unquenchable thirst for power to control the universe. For the first time in a TRANSFORMERS title, fans will be able to play the game with their friends through team-based online co-op, or go head to head in a variety of intense, online multiplayer game modes. The game features a sci-fi art style that introduces to fans the entire living, metallic world of CYBERTRON, as well as all-new visualizations of the iconic TRANSFORMERS characters in their original Cybertronian forms." We tried to post this to our own YouTube channel, but it seems any videos there for Transformers get instantly lawyered up by Viacom, a strange situation we are trying (without success) to sort out.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 21:54 siapnar

Yes, this game looks like it could be great.

On a related note though, I'm getting REALLY sick of the Unreal Engine and how some games that use it have that distinct UT3 bloomy look (such as this one).

This honestly looks like a mod for UT3, albeit a very impressive one.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 15:07 Charlie_Six

Really looking forward to this game! It's being made by a good studio, and it's not a sequel to anything. Great

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

4. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 12:21 Prez

As bad as everyone said Transformers 2 (the film) was, I totally grooved to the awesome scene where Optimus battles the Decepticons in the forest. Watching that was like a boyhood fantasy come true! To do that in a game might make me the happiest 40-year-old child alive!

I still am hoping for a decent Transformers game. Has there ever been one? I can't remember. Hopefully this one turns out half as good as that trailer suggests.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2010, 12:52.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 11:27 Wolfen

Judging by the video that looks like a lot of game play vid. Course it could be in game cut scenes. Either way, it looks awesome. I hope it holds up to that.  

2. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 21:32 Fritzo

I'm all for it for the fact they're using G1 Transformers. Those things were marvels of engineering, and they even had detailed character development on the box---you knew what weapons they shot, what they did, what their fears and strengths were, their personality...it's what made them so popular. Glad to see the old guys in action for a game. Maybe Michael Bay will look at it and go "OOoooohhhhhh.....I get it now!"  

1. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 14:12 Grumpy Sod

Cynic as I am, I hope it plays as good as that trailer makes it look.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo