Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online State of the Game

There's a State of the Game update on the Star Trek Online Website talking about future plans for Cryptic's Trekkie MMORPG now that it's left the spaceport. Topics include their efforts towards increasing server capacity, reviving the Tribble public test server, plans for update #1, and beyond. The following items are on their list of things they are working on bringing to the game:

• Respec
    • Death Penalty
    • Difficulty Slider
    • More open auto-fire
    • Replayable missions
    • Improving Memory Alpha
    • Fixing those Commodity missions

View
12. Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game Feb 27, 2010, 15:46 Zadig

hubricide wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 13:10:
I get bored of MMOs in general, though - grouping only makes a game so much more fun, and the core gameplay of every MMO I've ever tried involves killing endless hordes of apparently 'evil' creatures (do these endless hordes actually exist in reality? I don't think so).

I enjoy MMOGs for the exploration, what abilities my character can get, what items there are, the geography of the game universe.. the combat aspect can be viscerally exciting but ultimately it always ends up just annoying me.. and I always end up wondering just why my only choice is to kill kill kill kill kill kill kill

There used to be this thing called an "RPG", where we could explore a vast new world and watch our character improve over time but they've been pushed to extinction by the delusion that making every RPG into a wowclone (that is guaranteed to fail!) is somehow a great idea.

The reason they all involve killing hordes of 'evil creatures', is because that's what EQ did and 99% of MMO developers seem to be totally devoid of creativity or original ideas.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 26, 23:22 Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game Kxmode
  2. Feb 27, 00:15  Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game LittleMe
  3. Feb 27, 01:01   Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game NKD
  4. Feb 27, 03:00    Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game Sphinx
  5. Feb 27, 03:02    Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game Uno
  6. Feb 27, 07:17 Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game Kxmode
  7. Feb 27, 08:26  Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game GayBlade
  8. Feb 27, 08:56 Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game space captain
  9. Feb 27, 09:56 Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game OldScho0l
  10. Feb 27, 12:25 Re: Star Trek Online State of the Game ibm