Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer

A new "Quotes" trailer is now available for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, showing off some memorable multiplayer kills from DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel, interspersed with quotes and some early review scores from some gaming publications. The HD clip is embedded below.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 26, 2010, 13:32 Ant

space captain wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 13:09:
What about those who are not logged in or have Blue's News accounts? And that video on YouTube, not here.

if they arent logged in then they have to do the age check.. if they are logged in they dont have to do the age check...

see where im going with that?? its not a difficult concept, its been done many many times

the second sentence, you seem to be missing some words
Ah. OK.

As for second sentence, that video was on YouTube so Blue's News can't check age directly.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 26, 2010, 13:09 space captain

What about those who are not logged in or have Blue's News accounts? And that video on YouTube, not here.

if they arent logged in then they have to do the age check.. if they are logged in they dont have to do the age check...

see where im going with that?? its not a difficult concept, its been done many many times

the second sentence, you seem to be missing some words

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 26, 2010, 11:21 JaguarUSF

loomy wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 19:46:
You age check can suck dick.

The age check can do that? Sign me up!

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 26, 2010, 09:55 Verno

My impression:
The hitscan is still not as accurate as I'd like.
The weapons seem underpowered.
The recoil is way too high.

Recoil is high on purpose, you're supposed to burst fire many of the guns. Weapon damage is actually upped in retail, they announced that a few days ago because people were complaining about it being too low(and I'd agree with that assessment). Hitscan still needs some work but I think it's definitely quite playable as it is.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 26, 2010, 05:10 SuperRoach

I've put in a bunch of hours, and can say I loved it.

I have a past of playing and loving battlefield 2 - I ended up making a clan and played that for a long time. We eventually played Call of duty 4 for a long while after The community imploded after some horrible EA patches, but all the great teamwork experiences and openness of the playing field and styles being discovered really keeps the game fresh and interesting.

May be only one map, but there are so many ways to play through it. MW2? Camp a corner, repeat, rinse, wash etc

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 22:10 Ant

space captain wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 21:19:
Hey Blue - can you not tie the age to our user profile? thats how alot of other sites do it

I am still undecided to get the full game. I will need reviews first. Beta wasn't bad, but not awesome.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 21:58 ColoradoHoudini

I played a ton of the beta.. now, my impressions on this game are bouncing BC2 off of every related shooter going back to.. err.. 1994? I have played every major FPS since then..and played them very well.

My impression:
The hitscan is still not as accurate as I'd like.
The weapons seem underpowered.
The recoil is way too high.

When I aim any rifle/SMG/MG at a player in any game related to this one (as in, not quake run and gun, but a slightly slower, more military feeling game).. i still don't hit nearly as much as I'd think. Also, I don't do nearly enough damage.. and, my iron sights seem to jump all over the screen.

I pretty much stuck with the engineering guns, as they kicked less, and seemed more accurate at any distance compared to any other guns out there.

That to me, still needs to be fixed.

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 21:19 space captain

Hey Blue - can you not tie the age to our user profile? thats how alot of other sites do it  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 20:23 Bucky

In my search for Bad Company 2 info, I noticed that Ars Technica just tossed up a blurb regarding BC2 vs MW2. I also found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14

I'm pretty much sold. This game seems to suit my playstyle so much better than MW2.

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 19:53  Blue 

loomy wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 19:46:
You age check can suck dick. We can just go elsewhere.

We are just trying to comply with ESRB rules in cooperation with the companies who provide the videos. Not sure why that should inspire such hostility.

One age check to sign up for youtube is completely different than spamming you every time.

The trouble is there is no way of ensuring YouTube will age gate the video, and their age gate doesn't technically adhere to ESRB regs.

BTW, our age gate doesn't spam you every time - it's once every 24 hours.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 19:46 loomy

You age check can suck dick. We can just go elsewhere.

One age check to sign up for youtube is completely different than spamming you every time.

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 19:44  Blue 

Zyrxil wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 19:01:
What's with your age check, Blue? It won't accept that I was born on 11 11 1900! You can't prove I'm not 109 years old!

Congrats. Looking forward to you joining this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people#Men_currently_living_aged_over_110_years

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 19:01 Zyrxil

What's with your age check, Blue? It won't accept that I was born on 11 11 1900! You can't prove I'm not 109 years old!  

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 18:50 SectorEffector

It's much better than MW2

It's not hard to be better than a hollow scripted world of overblown Hollywood scenes taken to the bitter extreme like MW2 is. I will admit from the artistic standpoint MW2 has stellar animation and modeling etc.

I have been playing the beta for BC2 for awhile and I would say its pretty fucking awesome, its like having four mini battlefield levels in one giant level that keeps growing as the attackers push forward the front.

The games weapon models are a little console looking, esp with the FOV settings, but then I saw a recent vid that shows you should be able to tweak the FOV in options. The rest of the game is pretty solid. It's really turning out to be much more fun than I had originally thought. I actually believe a tiny bit that DICE does somewhat cater to the PC crowd at this point.

if Modern Warfare 2 isn't a giant *UCK *OU to pc gamers, than I don't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 18:15 Bucky

Can anyone that was in on the beta provide feedback on the game? I recently got in Modern Warfare 2 and have developed the same love/hate relationship with it that I had with CoD4. I'd like to kick the game to the curb altogether, but I need a replacement first.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo