Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer

Cryptic Studios has issued a Raid Episodes Fact Sheet for Star Trek Online, detailing some planned new Special Task Force missions in the Trekkie MMORPG, almost all of which involve the powerful and mysterious Borg. The first episode is called STF: Infected, which they say is due for release this month (maybe as early as today: see below). Here's how that is described: "Starfleet has lost contact with one of its star bases. More than 400 officers could be lost, including a key member of Starfleet's Borg Task Force. Infiltrate the base and take the fight to the Borg!" Also, Cryptic is soliciting questions about the Klingon content in the game in this forum thread and are offering 240 Cryptic Points to those who fill out this Subscriber Survey, while Massively points the way to West Karana, where they are formulating feedback for Cryptic that doesn't precisely fit with the survey's format. Back to the new task force missions: Accompanying the news is a batch of new screenshots, and a new trailer showing off Borg content and combat, which concludes saying the Infected content will launch today. The HD clip is embedded below.

View
4. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 16:43 JoeNapalm

Did...did you expect WoW?

I guess the difference between Klingons and Orcs could be confusing to some. Vulcans have pointy elfin ears, and Ferengi are vaguely...ever so vaguely...goblinoid.

But then there's the focus on combat between interstellar starships.

And the entirely different genre.

Oi.

Having recently become involved in two different MMOs with settings that are about as unWoW as you can possibly get, I still wonder what the "But...it's not WoW!?!?" crowd expected to see when they logged in a post-Apocalyptic or high SF game setting?

Again, not even remotely suggesting that the games have WoW's obviously industry re-defining polish - but about 1 in 5 of the complaints I've heard have been the "not WoW" shtick.

(Heck, after six years of WoW and shameless clones, I consider that a bloody bullet point.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 25, 13:46 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Zavy
  2. Feb 25, 14:54  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer sir
  3. Feb 25, 15:49  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Kxmode
>> 4. Feb 25, 16:43   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer JoeNapalm
  5. Feb 25, 16:50  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Talisorn
  6. Feb 25, 22:02   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer ColoradoHoudini
  7. Feb 25, 23:22    Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Narf2029

footer

Blue's News logo