Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details

EA tweets that the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC beta has concluded, though there is still the chance to offer feedback: "The BETA of Bad Company 2 PC has now ended. Thanks for all the valuable information you gave us. You can still feedback http://bit.ly/bkwf7b." They also announce additional details about the previously announced plan for free day one DLC for the military shooter sequel. They say two maps can be unlocked with the included VIP code when the game launches on March 2 in North America: the Laguna Alta conquest mode map and the Nelson Bay rush mode map, bringing the total number of multiplayer maps in the game to 10. They also say that later in March DICE will release another map pack at no extra charge to those with a VIP code, adding the Arica Harbor conquest mode map and the Laguna Presa rush mode map. "Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will redefine online modern warfare on March 2. We are deeply committed to the FPS community and Battlefield fans worldwide," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer. "These first two map packs are just the beginning. We’re planning ongoing support for the community by always keeping the experience fresh and ensuring the best possible gameplay experience." The Battlefield Blog offers a Day 1 Map Pack Trailer showing off the new maps as well as a Battlefield Bad Company 2 Celebrity Tournament recap video.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 26, 2010, 09:02 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 21:41:
I'm still crazy conflicted...

I really don't want to support PCFPS with the community, the mods, and the amateur maps ripped out.
But somehow their promises of Valve-esque support are getting to me.

They've shown enough goodwill to get my money. There was a lot of crap in beta that they could have left alone and said screw it but if you watch the PC walkthrough trailer, you'll see they actually made the effort.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 26, 2010, 07:47 MTechnik

Bucky wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 20:48:
Probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway: is the VIP code included with the Steam version? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to know for sure.
The VIP code is in all versions of the game that are bought new.

There is also the Battlefield Veteran program which will give you an extra unlocked weapon to start, but you get that later on your own anyhow.

32. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 22:58 xXBatmanXx

Watching all of the videos (or most) on the EA channel on youtube - from what I see of the game, and what I played (the hell out of) on the BETA - the game is well worth the sale price I got it for on Steam.

Some of the "moments" videos on the youtubes are pretty cool.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

31. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 22:34 Ant

I am still undecided to get the full game or not. I need reviews first. The PC beta wasn't bad, but not awesome.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

30. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 21:41 Sepharo

I'm still crazy conflicted...

I really don't want to support PCFPS with the community, the mods, and the amateur maps ripped out.
But somehow their promises of Valve-esque support are getting to me.

29. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Feb 25, 2010, 20:50 HellSlayer

Just buy it. o.0 Buy it for your momma...buy it for your daddy...  
o0

28. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 20:48 Bucky

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway: is the VIP code included with the Steam version? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to know for sure.  

27. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 18:22 ViRGE

So will there be a demo? I wasn't able to get in to the beta...  

26. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 16:52 DV

I believe I read somewhere (twitter, blog,ect) that the build we got last week was 6-8 weeks old. So performance will jump even more at retail. Cant wait to play on some new maps  

25. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 16:47 MTechnik

Tumbler wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 16:42:
Oooo...trees, look at all those trees! I will shoot them all!!
I do love shooting down all the cover for attackers. I love how the battlefield is transformed over a fight. What once is the side of a map with buildings, trees, and stuff, end up being a trashed alleyway with rubble.

24. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 16:42 Tumbler

Oooo...trees, look at all those trees! I will shoot them all!!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

23. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 16:01 Trevellian

ASJD wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 15:04:
Drezden wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:59:
I never had any performance issues with the game. Ran like a megabeast, even at full detail with shit being blown up left and right. Maybe you should go with the other option. "I sucked at this game during beta so I will blame it on performance and whine about it" like someone else I know is doing. The rest of the people I played with all had a great time with the game and had no performance issues. One less bad in my games imo.

WTF, are you a fucking idiot? When FRAPS has my framerate dropping below 25FPS in heavy action, that fucking sucks for the graphics level.

Has nothing to do with gameplay skill.

Tons of people were having problems with the performance, many people are willing to put up with shit frame rates, but I don't really want to play a console port that runs worse than on the console...

edit - Furthermore, the way fanboy fools like you will defend shitty console ports like this disgusts me. Why don't you just play 360 full time?

I hate the 360. But that has nothing to do with this. I'm sorry your mediocre computer can't handle the game at full detail. But my framerate never dropped to 27. Sorry. Maybe you should stop running Fraps with a BETA. Jackass. And if you played at all within the last week of the BETA, as Verno has already said. They made vast improvements in that last week, and it's not even close to a retail copy. They did a great job on the PC version. Your loss for missing out on a good game. My gain by not having to play with yet another retard.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

22. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:37 Bludd

I agree. I love the fact that I can run my main battle tank into a tree and I won't immediately stop as was the case in BF2.  

21. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:33 Verno

Yup, I was just saying that they had updated the PC build to be more recent and done a fair bit on optimization already. I know retail will be better, for example joystick support isn't working in beta but works in retail and so on. They've done a fairly decent job with this game so I see no reason to be cynical about it.  

20. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:28 Bludd

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 15:24:
They updated the PC build last week and just about everyone had big FPS gains on dual-core machines which is where most of the problems were.
Not completely, more optimisations in retail according to DICE. And also we saw no content updates. The console demos had more recent builds than the PC beta. For instance the UAV helicopter had both a machine gun and a rocket attack in the console demos and only a rocket on the PC.

19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:24 Verno

They updated the PC build last week and just about everyone had big FPS gains on dual-core machines which is where most of the problems were.  

18. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:22 Bludd

ASJD wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:52:
Beta ended and they never really fixed the performance. Guess I won't be ever buying this one for PC...
Dude, the version for the PC beta was an old build. The beta was for PC specific online testing. We were missing features and probably a lot of renderer optimisations.

Regarding the VIP code that only comes with the first purchase, I have no problem with it. The second-hand game market is actually worse than Internet piracy in my opinion, because someone forks out money for the game and the money does not go to the developer/publisher after the first purchase. That is actually like buying a pirated game, but not like Internet piracy where everything just flows and is free and no money exchanges hand between the guy who provides the game and the one getting it.

17. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:21 Verno

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:28:
I'm gonna have to wait and see on this one. Sounds like yet another console shooter. Fully destructible environments seems to be its main "innovation". Everything else sounds like typical console fare.

Beta was free for quite some time, you could've just tried it for yourself. It's nothing like a usual console FPS.

I think the whole point of this....is that if you DON'T buy retail, and get a used game, etc., that you will have to BUY these extra maps....

Therefore, they are going to recoup some of the losses from people buying/selling on a secondary market....

Yeah exactly.

necrosis wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 15:08:
Love when the extra shit you get for preorders works on the MP side and potentially give you an unfair advantage.

There is nothing really like that in this game. The only unlock is the Tracer Gun which is a level 14 pistol that is only used for tagging vehicles for engineers. You can get it normally without preordering just by playing the game.

16. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:20 xXBatmanXx

I think the whole point of this....is that if you DON'T buy retail, and get a used game, etc., that you will have to BUY these extra maps....

Therefore, they are going to recoup some of the losses from people buying/selling on a secondary market....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Beta Ends, VIP DLC Details Feb 25, 2010, 15:17 MTechnik

ASJD wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:52:
Beta ended and they never really fixed the performance. Guess I won't be ever buying this one for PC...
The patch that came out about a week ago helped a lot for me.

space captain wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 14:46:
where is the demo? it should not be hard to make a demo from that beta - i want to play this first, dunno if this machine will hack.. gettin close to upgrade time
There will be a demo coming. It just won't come out before the retail does.

necrosis wrote on Feb 25, 2010, 15:08:
Love when the extra shit you get for preorders works on the MP side and potentially give you an unfair advantage.
There are? I think you only get one gun different, and that can be unlocked in the game.

Wait until the DLC weapons work in "normal" game modes and you HAVE to buy them to keep up. (like the extra radar in 2142, and the guns in BF2 - Special Forces. That's a dick maneuver.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo