Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Darkfall Trial

The Darkfall Forums announce that in honor of the approaching first anniversary of Darkfall Online, Aventurine is now offering seven-day trials of their MMORPG. The trial is not free, they are charging a "symbolic price" of one dollar or one euro, saying: "After the seven days are up, users need to purchase the Darkfall client in order to continue," adding: "We recommend that you download the Darkfall Client before purchasing the Darkfall trial to maximize your playing time."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 25, 2010, 10:34 Vern

I went back to the game last month and they've improved it greatly. It's a great game if you're into the whole sandbox MMO thing. I just don't have the time to play it because it requires a ton of time, even more than most MMOs.

I assume the $1 is to ward off spammers, and also because it's a FFA game. People could just make an army of trials and they could cause serious havoc and destroy some of the political and social aspects of the game. It's one server, and a ton of trial accounts could potential have a big impact on the game. I completely agree with charging the $1 for the trial. If you were at all interested in the game, $1 isn't a lot of money lol. And for those saying that they're looking for money, they probably get a very small portion of that $1. There are fees that the credit card company take, and I'm sure a lot of money goes to their bandwidth costs to give you the game download. I no longer play Darkfall, but a few weeks ago the community was great and there are plenty of people playing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 25, 2010, 08:19 Kobalt

I'm pretty sure this is a desperate attempt at some extra money before this piece of shit goes under.  

7. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 25, 2010, 04:57 Jippy

It's a week trial. 7 Days. Which costs $1?

Are you serious?
If you are actually interested in a game like this I dont think the $1 will put you off. Guess its for people whom are borderline wanting to buy the game and play but just wanna see how it runs and stuff before commiting the full wack.

6. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 25, 2010, 04:29 Grokk

$1 is far more than I'm willing to spend on a trial.

If they are seriously charging for it to stop gold spammers and the like then the game is obviously not worth playing anyway. They should implement other measures for combating that.

If they were serious about getting new players they'd lower the game price and offer a completely free trial.

5. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 25, 2010, 03:49 Jippy

Looking forward to trying this.

Played it at launch and was buggy and missing what I felt polish but the whole attackable anywhere scenerio really makes it stand out as one of thos original kinda UO type games Pre (screw up)

The $1 is I believe a small attempt to stop all the gold farmers and duplicate tards from having tonnes of accounts all logged on at same time or sat in main towns spamming free gold. At least they need to cough up a small amount first before Darkfall GMS ban them.

Hey works for me if the team get a bit of extra cash from these farmers whom seem to ruin most MMO these days.

$1 is nothing! I'd consider it

4. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 24, 2010, 23:17 Talisorn

Gankfest. Why bother?  

3. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 24, 2010, 22:26 Stormsinger

Probably as an attempt limit the damage free pests/griefers can do. It's better than nothing, but won't make any real difference.  

2. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 24, 2010, 21:38 Brin

One dollar? That can't be very useful. Why bother at all, I wonder.  

1. Re: Darkfall Trial Feb 24, 2010, 21:14 Cutter

LOL, good luck with that.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo