Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel

Develop has a story about Rebellion's feelings about the release of Aliens vs Predator, quoting Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley saying, "We’re delighted to see the game shoot to the top of the UK charts," and, "We’re also in discussions with Sega about ongoing support for AvP, and also about a sequel to the game." He also seems pleased with the game's critical reception, saying: ""We wanted Aliens Versus Predator to be a critical success as well as a commercial success, which we think we have achieved." The game actually has some pretty mediocre scores on Metacritic, though they are quite strong compared to the AvP movies or Rebellion's previous effort, Rogue Warrior. Kingsley adds his perspective to this, saying: "The reviews have been mostly good. We’ve had three totally sh*t reviews by some Americans, which is a bit odd. Some of them were inexcusably bad." He adds: "If you discount those poor reviews AvP is averaging high for us."

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2010, 03:11 Ant

BobBob wrote on Feb 24, 2010, 04:10:
Give us dedicated Linux servers and lean.
I want co-op campaigns and addons/mods support!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 11:35 Linksil

Jumping on preds is annoying. But other then that the usage of specials and marine controls is okay. I mean there really are not that many things to bind/do anyways.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

24. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 07:24 Muscular Beaver

Uhm, you guys actually like the controls???
Jesus...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

23. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 07:09 JaguarUSF

Multiplayer is fun, if you are not having connection issues due to the lack of dedicated servers for the time being.
Single player is crap.

22. Re: Game Reviews Feb 24, 2010, 04:10 BobBob

Give us dedicated Linux servers and lean.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

21. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 03:14 I've Got The News Blues

bigspender wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 21:42:
i actually bought this game, what a piece of shit - its going straight on ebay
Who would buy it since it requires Steam and you already installed it, right? If so you'd be selling a worthless disc because the buyer couldn't even install the game much less play it.

20. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 24, 2010, 01:18 swaaye

Like last time, it is now Monolith's turn.

Rebellion has proven that they can make the pretties, but the gameplay is basically partying like it's 1999. Not broken but wow they played it super safe that's for sure.

19. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 22:25 Linksil

I'm through with marines and 1/2 done with the Pred single player. So far it's a mid range run of the will FPS. Walk to waypoint, shoot ambush, goto next waypoint. Pred gameplay is a bit better... but with your shields being your only defense, and your weps USING your shields your forced to basicly melee everything with the same 3 finishing moves over and over and over and over again. It's very tiring. All the controls feel off. The walking isn't smooth, it's like take a few steps and then jitters a bit for me. Weps feel right for marines and it was neat to see, but this honestly felt like an exp pack not a full game. And i've never played the first 2 all the way through.

This game just feels like a repeat with better graphics. Going to the alien homeworld (which is at the end of the marine campain screaming sequel) seems like it should have been this game.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

18. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 21:42 bigspender

i actually bought this game, what a piece of shit - its going straight on ebay  

17. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 21:36 DangerDog

I had no idea that Predators were such prolific pyramid builders.

16. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 21:16 Ventura

Shataan! I'm with you mate. What AvP forums are you posting on these days? I've tried hanging out at Sega's official ones, but there's some shockingly bitter people posting over there.

This game really isn't that bad atall. Ok, they dropped the ball a little on the multiplayer, and the singleplayer campaigns (despite being 3 of them) are rather short, but what's there, I've very much enjoyed.

Hey, if anyone has any recommendations for better, I'm all ears. Star Trek Online got boring fast, and Modern Warfare 2 did absolutely NOTHING for me, so this new AvP is all I'm playing for now.

15. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 20:03 Shataan

I hope Rebellion does do the Sequel. AVP screams for a part 2. Can`t wait for the bug fixes, DLC maps, and performance optimizations!!  

14. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 20:02 Prez

Looking at Metacritic, AvP is averaging 8.0 by users with over 318 reviews. That is not that bad. In fact, given the jaded nature of most gamers, that seems quite good really.

I would definitely consider buying this on a Steam sale.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 19:57 Icewind

I can see how they could sugar coat it to make themselves feel better...but has this shit really worked on the share holders? On their publisher? Because money talks and bullshit walks, and I can't see any publisher giving them money to "try again". Not in this economy.  

12. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 19:15 TangledThorns

I like the new AVP but it does have issues. The developers need to work making the console and PC version more exclusive to their respective hardware.  

11. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 19:14 derelict koan

If you discount those poor reviews AvP is averaging high for us

I just love that he said that, such a versatile perspective!

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

10. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 19:10 SBlat

"If you discount those poor reviews AvP is averaging high for us."

That "for us" is pretty sad. Even if you drop the 3 lowest scores, it still only averages in the low 70s.

But he's right, that would be the best metacritic score Rebellion's ever gotten.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2010, 19:39.

9. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 19:00 Techie714 ©

ASJD wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 18:53:
Ray Marden wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 18:27:
I don't want to "hate" on the developer

Why the fuck not? They certainly deserve it. All those guys should be looking for new lines of work. Maybe they wouldn't fuck up so bad if their next job was something simple like garbage man.

LOL damn that was cold man!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 18:53 ASJD

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 18:27:
I don't want to "hate" on the developer

Why the fuck not? They certainly deserve it. All those guys should be looking for new lines of work. Maybe they wouldn't fuck up so bad if their next job was something simple like garbage man.

7. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 18:49 Wildone

LOL  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo