Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"

Interview With Antic Entertainment On Junk Battles on Gaming Union talks with some developers from Antic Entertainment, creators of the browser-based RTS game Junk- Battles, including Fredrik Liliegren, co-founder and former CEO of DICE. Liliegren also discusses the Battlefield series, though his NDA still prevents him from making any real revelations. He does say he thinks Battlefield 3 will impress: "What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away." Thanks Joker961.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 25, 2010, 09:20 Verno

Overon wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 16:17:
What will blow me away is if it does not copy modern warfare 2 in every console drivern design decision.

Bad Company 2 didn't copy MW2 so /shrug. Dice has always been pretty good about doing their own thing in the FPS field. Just by virtue of having decent thought out mechanics the games are far better than the stupid instant bullet travel, map nuke, infantry bulletgasm fest that Call of Duty has become.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 25, 2010, 03:01 Ant

I will believe it when I try it!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

39. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 24, 2010, 06:12 Beaner

Blow me away with some better movement. The movement in Battlefield kind of sucks.

Perhaps Project Offset will actually offer something real and meaty to PC gaming.

38. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 19:11 Joss

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 11:51:
They won't do anything we WANT them to - they will make the game for the lowest common denominator. We always get F'd because they make it for the console.

And that is the biggest deal to me. Mod support is a must-have because they never get it right do they? We shall see.

37. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 18:59 Nate

I'm guessing more than 64 on a server!  

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 16:17 Overon

What will blow me away is if it does not copy modern warfare 2 in every console drivern design decision.  

35. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 15:57 space captain

^ never heard that one before  
Go forth, and kill!

34. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 15:13 DangerDog

If it's a PC exclusive, it'll be an MMO.  

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 13:24 siapnar

Wildone wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 11:02:
Make a pilot class to stop people from using jets as Taxi's and that'll be force teamwork more/better asset management even tho they respawn..let the people who know how to handle flying vehicles do the work.
This is such a great idea.

I'm guessing aircraft would be locked for any other class, therefore only letting pilots use them?

Amazing.

I have projectile dysfunction.

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 13:08 Zardoz5

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 10:00:
"What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away."

Before he gets all emotional and starts talking hype, let's find out whether PC version will actually be designed with PC in mind and not just console port. If so, support it with facts. Further, will dedicated servers be available free and multiplatform? What about SDK and mod support? If answers are what PC fps players are looking for then we can start talking hype, until then cut the bs.

This guy used to work at DICE so we won't see him giving any detailed info about BF3, unless he wants to get sued. With 1943 and MoH reboot in the pipe for this year we probably won't hear anything official about BF3 until late 2010 or 2011 even.

That being said, I like you hope its being designed with the PC as the lead SKU and consoles getting "streamlined" versions of it, win/win! BioWare did this with Dragon Age so I hope DICE follows their lead with this game development philosophy.

31. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 13:00 Creston

So... 12 players, no dedicated servers, peer to peer matchmaking filled with haxx0rs, and DRM that needs to be connected to the Internet AND your bank account at the same time?

"We can't tell you what it is, but it's gonna blow you away!*"

I'm blown away.

Creston

* (Note, 360 is lead SKU.)

30. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 12:47 Kxmode

Pun intended?  

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 12:31 Techie714

Drayth wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 12:06:
IT

WILL

BLOW YOU

THROUGH THE BACKWALL

OF YOUR PARENT'S BASEMENT!

LMAO!!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 12:11 PHJF

64 players, planes trains and automobiles!

Don't forget zeppelins. Aint none a these "modern" games got nothin on Codename Eagle.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 12:07 Wildone

Btw, there will be no CROUCH, PRONE, LEAN OR JUMP! LMAO..  

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 12:06 Drayth

IT

WILL

BLOW YOU

THROUGH THE BACKWALL

OF YOUR PARENT'S BASEMENT!

25. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 11:56 necrosis

If BF3 does what BC2 is doing I could care less about the game.  

24. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2010, 11:51 BobBob

Private dedicated servers?

Lean?

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 11:51 xXBatmanXx

Make a pilot class to stop people from using jets as Taxi's and that'll be force teamwork more/better asset management even tho they respawn..let the people who know how to handle flying vehicles do the work.

Looks like you are in need of BF2 Project Reality mod.

They won't do anything we WANT them to - they will make the game for the lowest common denominator. We always get F'd because they make it for the console.

BF3 will blow us away? He been talking to Michael Bay or something?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Feb 23, 2010, 11:51 Cutter

I'll be blown away if the game just isn't a broken mess when it's released and still doesn't have major issues multiple patches later like every other Battlefield game.

Yeah, how about releasing a game that doesn't feel like it's just out of alpha. Bug and hax ridden are what comes to mind when I think of Battlefield games.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo