Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

1. Re: Game Reviews - STO Feb 24, 2010, 12:13 JoeNapalm

Look at the screen shot from the STO review - the dude is an LC1, meaning he hasn't exactly delved into the depths of the game. Would you play WoW to Level 11 and then write a review saying the game lacked tactical depth?

The game isn't perfect, far from it, but most of these reviews are obviously criticizing the whole game based on the newbie experience...it's pretty easy at that level, but you'd kind of expect it to be. Yeah, the game is pretty shallow and there's not a ton of tactics...when you're in a Tier 1 ship with just a couple of actions at your disposal.

I haven't invested a huge amount of time, but I'm a Commander (mid-20s, level equivalent) and the space combat has become a lot more engaging, and the folks I know who are Admirals (40+) say it just gets better.

Is the game less than it could have been? Yeah, you bet. But they should base the criticism on it's actual flaws, rather than the tutorial.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo