Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds

Having identified some DirectX 11-related issues that can cause Rebellion's just-released Aliens vs Predator revival to crash to the desktop, FILEnetworks Blog has posted some workarounds to help those encountering problems to continue playing the game until more official fixes are released. Thanks Eldaron Imotholin.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 22:11 KilrathiAce

I highly one can have a blast with multiplayer unless you are used to lag.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 10:19 theyarecomingforyou

Hmm, interesting. So you didn't have the flashlight issue although we basically have the same CPU and GPU...
Flashlight issue? I've been playing through the marine campaign just fine with the flashlight. I have my sound set to 24bit 44.1KHz - which I read was one of the potential fixes - but it was set to that before because of my soundcard.

Anyway, ignore Metacritic... this game is fun. The marine campaign is excellent and the predator mode is easily better than the original game. No way does it only deserve 73 on MC.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 08:45 /FÂ\ SLI

This issue is huge. Seems (for many, but not all) that the stuttering/freezing happens usually when performing a scripted event like a TK, draining power, opening doors etc.  

11. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 07:52 Eldaron Imotholin

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 21, 2010, 00:33:
I've had great fun with the game and it works great in DX11.

Hmm, interesting. So you didn't have the flashlight issue although we basically have the same CPU and GPU...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

10. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 06:17 sir

This is one of the few occasions where I'm glad I didn't pay attention to a metacritic score as I'm having a blast with the game in multiplayer, which is what I bought it for.  

9. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 05:03 KilrathiAce

Its all nice and smooth but if you look at overall reviews for this game for metacritic or gamerankings its quite bad and whats worse is that console reviews are actually lower than pc... which is unusual lol!  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

8. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 04:22 Ventura

I've had great fun with the game and it works great in DX11

I've been really enjoying the game too. Have played the Predator campaign through twice now, the Marine campaign once, and the first mission in the Alien campaign. Great fun.

I get the stuttering running the dx11 version with my audio format at 24bits & 48000Hz (as per the advice in the link). Going to try at 44100Hz and see if it's smoother.

7. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 00:33 theyarecomingforyou

I've had great fun with the game and it works great in DX11.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 00:05 Overon

The game isn't very good anyway. But it's nice to see that the bare minimum of testing was not even done.  

5. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 20, 2010, 22:37 The Half Elf

I'm having issues in Single Player but not Multiplayer. I get the 'studdering while loading a new area' 'bug'.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 20, 2010, 22:03 KilrathiAce

Lesson for Rebellion:

Next time you decide to release a demo for a game before release of full game, do yourselves a favor and include all graphical options in the demo such as dx11, its quite possible that if DirectX 11 was available in the AVP MP demo you would learn there are problems. Since it seems your QA or publisher QA failed on this front, at least people playing the demo would inform you of dx11 issues. Instead, these issues come to light after release of full game.

To sum up the lesson, If your game includes dx10/11 release the demo with all directx versions available.

3. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 20, 2010, 21:47 Eldaron Imotholin

The DX11 version works perfectly smooth and pretty except for the fact the game crashes (as in total lock-up) when you try to use your flashlight in the Marine campaign.

Some people also have stuttering issues, or audio issues, but I have no such thing.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

2. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 20, 2010, 21:44 The Half Elf

It's not quite that, the game has some performance issue.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 20, 2010, 21:29 Bundy

So the DirectX 11 work around is to not use it?  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo