Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

King Arthur Expansion Plans

NeoCoreGames announces plans for two expansions for King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame to be released in March and April of this year, adding Saxon and Welsh content and campaigns to the game, as well as a new economic system with a sandbox campaign structure. The full announcement follows.

Saxon and Welsh expansions, the Sandbox modes for King Arthur are coming

We’re very proud to announce the release of two King Arthur expansion packs, due in March and April 2010.

Both the Saxon and the Welsh expansions will contain brand new units, heroes and hero abilities as well as completely new objectives and lots of never seen quests.

What’s even more important, they’ll include a new economic system redesigned for a totally new campaign structure, where you’ll be able to play in sandbox mode being either the Christian king or the monarch following the ways of the Old Faith. The expansions will have a complex diplomatic system, campaign winning conditions that can be set by the player and an absolutely free, non-story-based gameplay.

Stay tuned for more info during the next few weeks.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Jun 1, 2010, 19:28 Golwar

As this game is now part of the midweek madness at steam, does anyone know what happened to those 2 expansions?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 16:29 ibm

Thanks, didn't know that Impulse had it, checked GamersGate but they wanted £34.99 too.

Impulse are selling it for £21.48

7. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 15:31 Wolfox

ibm wrote on Feb 20, 2010, 08:37:
I remembered the other thing that put me off, after just searching for somewhere to buy it, it still seems to be Steam only and £34.99. Steam is fine but the price fixing that some publishers exploit by using it is not impressive.

It's also available on Impulse and Gamersgate, though their versions don't have the (Steam-only) multiplayer component.

6. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 12:51 tony

Blue you're not on top of it. I've sent you a couple emails alerting you of new gameplay vids and preorder info on Frictional's new game but you don't have anything up yet.  

5. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 08:37 ibm

I remembered the other thing that put me off, after just searching for somewhere to buy it, it still seems to be Steam only and £34.99. Steam is fine but the price fixing that some publishers exploit by using it is not impressive.

yes I'm a cheapass gamer. Why buy 2 games for £70 when normal retail prices mean you could get 3?

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2010, 16:26.

4. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 08:24 Prez

Maybe it was because I had ZERO expectations for this game, but I have never been so happily surprised with how awesome a previously unknown (to me) game was as I was with King Arthur. It also helps that Medieval 2 Total War is probably one of my top 3 favorite games of all time, and this is basically a Medieval Total War with magic. The RPG elements are interwoven brilliantly into the game as well, which broadens the game's depth immeasurably.

All in all, I highly recommend this game to Strategy AND RPG fans.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

3. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 07:49 ibm

So is this an underated gem? I read a few good reviews of it but I was put off when someone mentioned some strange gameplay mechanic to do with a time limit during some battles and the ending to them was unrealistic if you didn't do some menial task in time.

Sandbox campaign on the horizon will probably get me to buy it though.

2. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 20, 2010, 07:17 Grounded

I sure hope this cleans the game up and streamlines it because it is a mess for a new player  

1. Re: King Arthur Expansion Plans Feb 19, 2010, 18:51 Prez

Sandbox campaign? YESSSSSSS!  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo