Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition

The X3: Gold Edition is now available at North American retail stores, offering a big old bundle of space combat gaming, announces EGOSOFT. The X3: Gold Edition includes X3: Reunion version 2.5 (including the Bala GI Missions), X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 (including The Aldrin Missions), the X3: Terran Conflict Soundtrack CD, and X-Universe Personal Uplink access, which is part of the EGOSOFT online community allowing players to compare their X-Universe statistics with each other.

View
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 20, 2010, 13:29 JoeNapalm

Kajetan wrote on Feb 20, 2010, 04:20:
X2 und X3, nice looking as they are, they don't worked for me as a game. Theye were more work than entertainment, with all this clunky and overly complicated interface.

Yeah, I really really wanted to love X3.

But it really felt like a little too much on the work-to-fun ratio.

I think if I had had more time to sink into it, I could have been hooked, but it needed to have just a little better balance to keep me there.

I have that problem with some games that are probably awesome (The Witcher, I'm looking at you) - if I have to make a huge up-front investment of my time to get to the point where I'm hooked, you're probably going to lose me. There are a TON of great games out there, and I just don't have the time to sink a couple weeks worth of my fun time into every one of them to find out which are diamonds in the rough.

(And I give a LOT of games that are rough around the edges their due, believe me...but those games have something that keeps me playing long enough to see their brilliance.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 19, 15:41 Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Surf
  2. Feb 19, 16:38  Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Wowbagger_TIP
  3. Feb 19, 20:04   Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Dean
  4. Feb 19, 20:34 Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition tuddies
  5. Feb 20, 01:43  Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition PHJF
  6. Feb 20, 04:20   Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Kajetan
>> 7. Feb 20, 13:29    Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition JoeNapalm
  8. Feb 20, 14:39     Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition PHJF