Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition

The X3: Gold Edition is now available at North American retail stores, offering a big old bundle of space combat gaming, announces EGOSOFT. The X3: Gold Edition includes X3: Reunion version 2.5 (including the Bala GI Missions), X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 (including The Aldrin Missions), the X3: Terran Conflict Soundtrack CD, and X-Universe Personal Uplink access, which is part of the EGOSOFT online community allowing players to compare their X-Universe statistics with each other.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 20, 2010, 14:39 PHJF

There are a TON of great games out there

Man I sure wish I was living in whatever universe you're posting from.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 20, 2010, 13:29 JoeNapalm

Kajetan wrote on Feb 20, 2010, 04:20:
X2 und X3, nice looking as they are, they don't worked for me as a game. Theye were more work than entertainment, with all this clunky and overly complicated interface.

Yeah, I really really wanted to love X3.

But it really felt like a little too much on the work-to-fun ratio.

I think if I had had more time to sink into it, I could have been hooked, but it needed to have just a little better balance to keep me there.

I have that problem with some games that are probably awesome (The Witcher, I'm looking at you) - if I have to make a huge up-front investment of my time to get to the point where I'm hooked, you're probably going to lose me. There are a TON of great games out there, and I just don't have the time to sink a couple weeks worth of my fun time into every one of them to find out which are diamonds in the rough.

(And I give a LOT of games that are rough around the edges their due, believe me...but those games have something that keeps me playing long enough to see their brilliance.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 20, 2010, 04:20 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Feb 20, 2010, 01:43:
X was great, but I never really got into X2 or X3.
I agree. X i played to death, hours and hours and hours summed up to weeks and months ... but X2 und X3, nice looking as they are, they don't worked for me as a game. Theye were more work than entertainment, with all this clunky and overly complicated interface.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 20, 2010, 01:43 PHJF

X was great, but I never really got into X2 or X3.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 19, 2010, 20:34 tuddies

I don't know guys, X is the best space sim i've played, and that includes freelancer and iwar. There is just so much freedom to play the way you want to, plus mods open it up even more. This has been on my hard drive for many, many years.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 19, 2010, 20:04 Dean

The X series was. . . OK. I wish someone would revive I-War.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 19, 2010, 16:38 Wowbagger_TIP

I wouldn't call it terrible, but the combat and flight mechanics were certainly lacking. The games are definitely pretty though, and I love the music too.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - X3: Gold Edition Feb 19, 2010, 15:41 Surf

Terrible game and series. Good ideas but feels like shit.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo