Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance

As noted on the Stargate Resistance Website, Stargate Resistance has launched, offering a third-person shooter set in the Stargate universe. The game is available on Direct2Drive (where they are also selling an "exclusive" Stargate Resistance - Advanced Combat Pack) and Steam. Here's a bit from the game's official description: "Stargate Resistance is a fast-paced and deadly 3rd person shooter for control of the entire galaxy! The arrogant System Lords believe they are the true masters of the universe, and have begun a savage campaign to dominate and enslave the known worlds. Stargate Command operatives are the first line of defense against this menace. Small teams of brave agents use the Stargate to travel about the galaxy and parry the thrust of these alien overlords. Whichever side you choose, each battle will be one of wits, skill, and reflexes that can decide the fate of the entire galaxy!"

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 16:28 Nucas

n0slet wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 23:46:
Maybe with the success of Stargate Universe we'll get to see some more enthusiasm from developers into making some good solid SG games.

i hate to be the one to say it, but what success? it was one of the worst rated shows on the syfy channel when it aired. i loved sg-1, liked atlantis, but universe is just.. i don't even know where to start. i had to apologize to the people i watched the premiere with, it was so awful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 12:25 ViRGE

The thing is that this game came out nearly a week ago. The lack of day-one reviews isn't surprising - the lack of next-week reviews is.  

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 09:30 RenownWolf

That's true Jag, but you'd think they'd at least try trump it up a fair bit being a well known nerd IP after all.

I've read some users posts on other forums that paid for it, appears to be a fair bit of regret heh.

http://www.renownwolf.com

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 06:13 JaguarUSF

LightAssassin wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 21:09:
Actually I'm surprised there are no reviews up already.

Most small/indie companies don't provide early review copies. You will see reviews the day a game comes out when it has been gold for a couple weeks (for manufacturing time) and gold masters are sent out to a few select sites; this usually only happens with retail releases from major publishers.

Sometimes a site will post a review based on a beta build and pretend it's the retail release, since the differences between the last beta and a release candidate are typically small (bugs and whatnot).

Most of the time, I get a game the same day it comes out, although there are a couple of publishers (Paradox, Battlefront, some PR companies) that get me stuff before it is released.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 03:38 Ventura

I was under the impression much of the game here is made up of assets from that MMO.

It's a pity really, SG1 in it's prime was an absolutely fantastic show, and the whole thing with SG teams coming in and out through the gate doing missions would have lended itself perfectly to an FPS MMO. If they'd have brought out a good FPS back when Richard Dean Anderson was still leading the team through the gate, it'd have sold like hotcakes.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect much of this one

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 23:46 n0slet

I'd much rather have an FPS SG game then an MMO myself, especially since what I've seen of the MMO looks too much like Battlefield Heroes gameplay wise to me. =P And this game is just a 3rd person FPS version of the MMO from what it looks like. It's a shame such a great IP hasn't been treated to more quality games. The only real FPS for it was canceled sadly. Maybe with the success of Stargate Universe we'll get to see some more enthusiasm from developers into making some good solid SG games.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 23:42 Fion

It couldn't be as bad as the Farscape IP game was. Anyone remember that one?

If not, make sure your kids are not in front of your computer;

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/farscapethegame/images/0/1/

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 21:40 Wolfen

With the unfortunate history this IP has had so far for games, im waiting on reviews myself. Mainly the wackiness with Cheyenne Mountain is what scares me. They have had a little trouble during dev of the MMO one. Owell. Im just playing it safe. Id like to see some killer SG games so I wish the best to anyone who develops them.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 21:09 RenownWolf

Actually I'm suprised there are no review up already. Most games on release have heaps of reviews and at least some from major sites which got press releases.

Guess they are hoping the IP will sell it before they have to worry about gameplay.

http://www.renownwolf.com

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 20:58 Trooper119

Nucas wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 19:58:
i recall reading they only even produced this to fund their continued development of their doomed mmo. this license really deserves better treatment. rescind it from these douchebags and hire a real company already.

Aren't we putting the cart a tad bit before the horse here? The game itself hasn't even been properly reviewed yet and the mmo in question isn't even close to release. Give the people a break now and then.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 20:17 Wolfen

I was just telling a friend of mine so much more could be done with this IP. =(  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 19:58 Nucas

i recall reading they only even produced this to fund their continued development of their doomed mmo. this license really deserves better treatment. rescind it from these douchebags and hire a real company already.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo