Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft's 12-18 Month Franchise Strategy

GamesIndustry.biz (registration required) excerpts their interview with Ubisoft's Alain Corre to explain the French publisher's strategy of releasing new titles for their IPs every 12 to 18 months, citing Activision's success with nearly annual installments in the Call of Duty franchise as their inspiration: ""The Call of Duty example is the best around - they've been able over the past five years to iterate every year with growing success each time. They never compromise on quality, which is exactly what we're trying to do with our brands now." The article also highlights the perils of such an approach, pointing out that timing the Avatar game's release with its movie tie-in was one of the reasons the game was so meh, and that Splinter Cell: Conviction has now been in development for over three years.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Ubisoft's 12-18 Month Franchise Strategy Feb 16, 2010, 08:58 Verno

For the first time in a long time, you and I are in complete agreement kxmode. It may have been a financial success but so were the Transformers movies and I doubt anyone is going to remember them in 20 years.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Ubisoft's 12-18 Month Franchise Strategy Feb 16, 2010, 03:12 Kxmode

citing Activision's success with nearly annual installments in the Call of duty franchise as their inspiration: ""The Call of Duty example is the best around - they've been able over the past five years to iterate every year with growing success each time. They never compromise on quality

WTF? Modern Warfare 2 was VERY MUCH compromised on quality! Lots of shit missing for $10 more.

1. Re: Ubisoft's 12-18 Month Franchise Strategy Feb 15, 2010, 22:23 nullability

Their strategy is "copy Activision"? Hmm.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo