Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced

Gas Powered Games announces Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles, an epic real-time strategy game for PC and consoles that "will let players take on the role of one of three powerful kings who are vying for control of an all-new, original fantasy world." They say the game will use RTS technology that Gas Powered Games has pioneered with previous titles, and will offer the ability to zoom to any level, incredible maps, and "eye-popping visuals that will run on a wide range of systems." The Kings and Castles Website is online, offering a video blog about the game, as they say "GPG will give its fans a (mostly) unfiltered look inside the development process of Kings and Castles."

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 17, 2010, 08:47 Verno

Darks wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 19:12:
Verno,

Your full of it, Demigod is an RTS, you build units and you can control them on the map. Just because you canít build a building does not make this into something other than an RTS.

You can't really build units either. In fact 9 times out of 10 you only control 1 unit in that game. I guess HoN, DotA and every other shallow hero push game are also RTS games?

Secondly, believe or donít, thatís you choice and it will also be your lose in the end if you donít end up trying out the game. Either way I could care less.

That's funny, you seem to care a whole lot, enough to post in almost every Gas Powered Games topic I've seen on the site.

Iím only stating facts and if youíre too stupid to realize that Iím someone thatís seen and played the game then youíre obviously someone who probably just wants to argue and probably have no intention of trying the game anyway. So why bother to disprove me when you really donít know who I am or what Iíve done.

What facts? You haven't posted anything. All you've said is "HEY GUYZ I PLAYED AND ITS GREAT" without any shred of evidence and no discussion about the game itself whatsoever. You sound more like a marketing guy to be blunt. You don't even seem to know much about Demigod for someone who claims to have played it.

All im doing is trying to let others know that the are interested in the game that it is really good. And not consolized that many have been left to belive.

And yet most of the preview media and interviews have focused on the console version.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 17, 2010, 02:40 Orogogus

Darks wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 19:12:
Verno,

Your full of it, Demigod is an RTS, you build units and you can control them on the map. Just because you canít build a building does not make this into something other than an RTS.

Secondly, believe or donít, thatís you choice and it will also be your lose in the end if you donít end up trying out the game. Either way I could care less. Iím only stating facts and if youíre too stupid to realize that Iím someone thatís seen and played the game then youíre obviously someone who probably just wants to argue and probably have no intention of trying the game anyway. So why bother to disprove me when you really donít know who I am or what Iíve done.

All im doing is trying to let others know that the are interested in the game that it is really good. And not consolized that many have been left to belive.

Well, I'm interested in the game, but posts that go "I can't tell you why, but..." are a waste of time. As you say, I don't know you from Adam, so this kind of "I've got a secret" tomfoolery is annoying and useless.

34. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 17, 2010, 02:14 Jerykk

Your full of it, Demigod is an RTS, you build units and you can control them on the map.

That's a pretty loose definition of RTS, in addition to being a bit misleading. You generally control one unit most of the time.

33. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 16, 2010, 19:12 Darks

Verno,

Secondly, believe or donít, thatís you choice and it will also be your lose in the end if you donít end up trying out the game. Either way I could care less. Iím only stating facts and if youíre too stupid to realize that Iím someone thatís seen and played the game then youíre obviously someone who probably just wants to argue and probably have no intention of trying the game anyway. So why bother to disprove me when you really donít know who I am or what Iíve done.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

32. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 16, 2010, 08:56 Verno

Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 17:20:
I love RTS games too, Love Sins, SupCom, DemiGod Certain version of CnC and a few other out there. I know these guys want me to fess up what I know about SupCom2.

First off, Demigod isn't an RTS. Second, you still haven't posted anything other than "trust me its awesome dudes!". Finally you seem to unconditionally love GPG games as someone else posted out so yeah I doubt most people are going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

31. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 16, 2010, 03:17 Kxmode

The Advocate wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 16:20:
Umbragen wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 16:14:
...Tabula Rasa".

Commonly pronounced "Taboola Rayza", I kid you not

It's kind of like how every person on Vent when saying melee pronounces it "Me Lee" when its French and its pronounced "May Lay". Sigh

30. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 20:48 JohnnyRotten

Fantasy game. Yay.

Bored

29. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 19:30 Sepharo

I guess these parts sounds like Elemental:

"will let players take on the role of one of three powerful kings who are vying for control of an all-new, original fantasy world."

"will offer the ability to zoom to any level, incredible maps"

28. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 19:27 Orogogus

Sepharo wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 18:54:
This game sounds a whole lot like Stardock's Elemental: War of Magic.

Is Chris stealing from his ol' friend Brad now?

Isn't Elemental a turn-based game, meant to be a successor to Master of Magic? It didn't sound similar, the last I'd heard of it.

27. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 18:54 Sepharo

This game sounds a whole lot like Stardock's Elemental: War of Magic.

Is Chris stealing from his ol' friend Brad now?

26. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 18:45 Sleeeeepy

I hope things work out well. I still have not had any concerns regarding supcom2 convincingly dispelled yet, but CT's work has given me tons of entertainment in the past and for this I'm grateful.

Medieval setting is not really my thing, but there's def a market for it so maybe this will be the way to go.

25. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 17:35 Jackplug

Chris T is the biz, plus hes nuts and I cant wait for this new one!!  

24. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 17:32 The PC Warrior

no one is going to trust you because you sound like a fanboy machine. stop spamming gas powered games topics with your PR crap.  

23. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 17:20 Darks

I love RTS games too, Love Sins, SupCom, DemiGod Certain version of CnC and a few other out there. I know these guys want me to fess up what I know about SupCom2. I just canít, Iím not at privilege to give out that kind of info. Just trust me when I say you will be very pleasantly surprised. I hope you guys can understand that.

Thanks for understanding briktal!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

22. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 16:53 briktal

Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 14:04:
Just how is he killing pc gaming Briktal?

CT does more for pc gaming than most Developers do, heís very committed to pc gaming and trying to keep it alive. Just because someone makes a game for the console to does not mean heís killing the pc gaming market. Itís called trying to make money in a tight economy so he can keep his company alive and self supported. Heís not owned by EA or any of the other big publishers. He is self sustained. Your accusation is completely unfounded and is your biased opinion.

I'm a bad person. I shouldn't have done that.

I dunno, I like RTS games but I hate playing them. Well, same with 4x games too, except they are easier to play. I'm not really good at multitasking and playing a high paced min/max way.

21. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 16:20 Burrito of Peace

Umbragen wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 16:14:
...Tabula Rasa".

Commonly pronounced "Taboola Rayza", I kid you not.

20. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 16:14 Umbragen

So the title is "Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles"? Really? Does having his name in the there somehow make the game more recognizable? Do they think that Space Siege would have sold better if it had been titled Chris Taylor's Space Siege? Hey, chew on this: "Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa".  

19. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 14:52 PHJF

Kings and Castles?

Really?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 14:49 Kxmode

Chris Taylor's Chris Taylor: The Official Game of Chris Taylor.  

17. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 14:47 Verno

Well one could argue making buggy games doesn't really do PC gaming much good but that's never stopped it in the past so I'd have to agree that GPG isn't doing anything to harm PC gaming. I can't say they're a real asset though either. Valve, Blizzard, Stardock, CD Projekt and....GPG? Sorry not seeing it.

As for the state of SupCom2, you keep telling us its so great but post nothing of value or substance. Post some proof worthy of that praise and I assure you it will go a long way towards changing opinions. Otherwise you are just some person on the internet spouting off random spin like many others.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo