Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm

The Command & Conquer Website is now offering free downloads of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun along with the Firestorm expansion pack for the 20th century real-time strategy classic as an early Valentine's Day gift. Here's word on Tiberian Sun: "Set in the early 21st century, Tiberian Sun once again pits the Global Defense Initiative against the Brotherhood of Nod in a struggle for control of the planet. With an epic storyline that unfolds as play progresses, players learn the reasons behind the worldwide outbreak of Tiberium and what happened to the notorious Nod leader Kane, who was presumed dead at the end of the first Command & Conquer." And here's word on Firestorm: "It's time to head up the Firestorm task force. Nod's experiments have unknowingly released a horde of cybernetic nightmares upon the world. As GDI and Nod scramble to save themselves, they realize their only salvation lies in the unthinkable." Previously, EA has also released the original Command & Conquer and the original Red Alert for free.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 14, 2010, 14:38 Kajetan

Meta-complaining is the new shit! Dont talk about the game or the free release ot technical difficulties on modern OS, no. Complain about people, who complain about something related to this news.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 14, 2010, 14:36 Narf2029

No matter what you get, it's not good enough for some people.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

17. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 14, 2010, 11:52 spindoctor

Complaining about a free game. Only on Bluesnews.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

16. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 23:58 Xero

Enahs wrote on Feb 13, 2010, 19:10:
You are pretty damn stupid, no offense. You make a post about how horrible a company is for releasing an old game for free and not investing a lot of money updating it so people like you that do not know how to use their system can play it? For free?

Listen here you wanker. Other people were having problems and I posted it for them. Not you. Not to mention other people share my thoughts on it. Yes it's free, but it's fusturating at the same time when it doesn't work and we all got excited to fire it up again.

Currently playing: Skyrim

15. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 22:35 Nameless Again

This is the RTS I cut my teeth on too. Still have my original TS discs. Never picked up Firestorm after the game kind of got ruined by engineer rushes.

14. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 19:10 Enahs

You are pretty damn stupid, no offense. You make a post about how horrible a company is for releasing an old game for free and not investing a lot of money updating it so people like you that do not know how to use their system can play it? For free?

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

13. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 18:30 Xero

K guys, fixed it. Go to your compatiblity options on the game.exe file in the SUN folder. Set it for Windows98 and it should fire up. I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise. Did that and it works perfect now. Good luck.  

12. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 18:27 Xero

Damn, I'm afraid this isn't some steam updated shit stuff here. I can't get it to run in Win7. So far file this under crap. But if I can get it working, I'll take that back. Too bad EA didn't update it which would of made sense to show they still support their old products which obviously they never did but w/e.  

11. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 17:31 Rhett

Gonna go ahead and just leave this here.. Don't even think it requires Tiberian Sun to be installed (HOWEVER, I did have it installed, but I saw nothing requiring a link, just extract and play.)

Very, very high quality mod for TS that makes it C&C Tiberian Dawn, on the TS engine.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age

I had almost no issues with it, either playing it off or online.

10. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 17:14 Tavil

Its a shame EA cant stop being lazy and cheap. Probably wouldn't have been that hard to update these to work fully on modern systems.  

9. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 16:57 Prez

Very Nice. Had some fun with this back in my Navy days.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 15:20 Grendle

Can't get it to start. Says missing DLL, please re-install.

edit
Just had to run it as admin. Works now.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2010, 16:49.

7. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 14:44 Ecthelion

I recently replayed all the C&C (and Red Alert) campaigns, and Tiberian Sun was the most fun.

Plus, how can you go wrong with Michael Biehn?

6. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 14:36 Xero

I have C&C TS CDs. It was my first ever RTS game and introduced me into the genre. I had a blast with it back then and will love to dl it because I'm too lazy to install off the CDs now lol. Good stuff.  

5. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 14:33 sorted

Ant, they're working for me, on the same page...  

"You've heard about the pyramids? This is like the pyramids times ten."

4. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 14:22 zincthallinide

Run around in a mech suit and blow up barrels!  

3. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 13:45 Ant

Nice. I didn't like TS games though even though I finished it. I never played Firestorm addon. Was it any good? Does the online multiplayer work in this free TS unlike TD and RA1?

Does anyone know where to get free C&C:TD and RA1? The old links are outdated.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2010, 13:51.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

2. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 13:39 sorted

Fuck yeah!  

"You've heard about the pyramids? This is like the pyramids times ten."

1. Re: Free Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm Feb 13, 2010, 13:23 Lord Tea

VERY NICE! Free = GOOD! Downloading TS right now at great speeds!  
UPSA = United Police States of America

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo