Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended

Hi-Rez Studios announces they are extending free access for all Global Agenda users to the premium Conquest mode in the online espionage-themed role-playing game. The Conquest mode was originally to be free for all through March 3, but now this has been extended through the end of March. Word is: "To prove it to you, we are going to extend the free-play period for Global Agenda Conquest while continuing to deliver features and content enhancements. We feel this is the best way to prove to you the value of a Global Agenda Conquest subscription, while also ensuring that as many people as possible are exposed to our unique and innovative Conquest gameplay." Thanks Big Download.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 15:06 TheBeefiest

The conquest is only available for clans, not only that but you need to have A HUGE clan where at least 60 people are online at any given time. The reason being is there is no limit to how many territories you can attack at any given time.

So my first experience with it was a clan of a respectable 20 or so people online all at once. But while we defended one tile, we lost 6 more all at the same time.
And if you have a few people online at a time, you lose everything without fail. There is no reason to even try unless you have a huge massive clan, and you need 60 of them online during the 4 hours or so a day that the conquest map is open for your timezone.

Also there is no sort of balancing whatsoever, so if the enemy has mortars but you do not... then you basicly lose with very little chance to succeed. (possibly extremely coordinated teamwork would have a chance)

There are a ton of ways that this online mode COULD be awesome, but it is not at the moment. Not worth playing free, definitely not worth paying a monthly fee for yet.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 09:29 space captain

Conquest is only worth it if you are in a clan.

this has slowly dawned on me

problem with that is, the game has to really embody a certain niche for the clans to start popping up in droves..

and this one is new, its gonna need alot of good mouth word

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 09:02 JaguarUSF

You have to buy the game. The conquest game is an additional monthly fee on top of the initial purchase price. The regular shooter part is "free" once you give them $40 (or whatever it is).
Conquest is only worth it if you are in a clan.

6. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 02:43 LittleMe

So is the game free to try now or is just the conquest part free instead of having an additional monthly fee? I registered on the site but I see no free client download.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 00:47 Trevellian

Frijoles you have to have an Agency to do Conquest. And someone in your Agency has to make a Strike Force, put a Drop ship in, load it up with Beacons. And you have to attack another Agency by bidding on a Hex they own..... It's an interesting Concept. But I prefer Planetsides persistant world to it. And would rather it be more like that, with an actual Armor and Air part to the game as well as the Ground combat.

As it stands the game is fun for Mercenary matches... It's a little bit of Team Fortress 2 with Tribes jetpacking and I find it more FUN than TF2 just because it seems a tiny bit more balanced since theres only 4 classes. I'll definitely continue to play it for the free portion. I do like the levels and skill trees and weapons, it allows your character to be a little more personalized than TF2 for sure.

The Conquest mode however, they will not get me to subscribe. I'll wait for a Planetside 2 thanks. (Hurry the F up SOE, you gave those of us still subscribing to Planetside a survey asking what we wanted in Planetside 2 and it's been months since we've heard anything, jerks.)

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

4. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 13, 2010, 00:04 Prez

I like this. Very likely they'll end up having to do away with the subscription portion due to lack of interest, making them focus on the non-subscription stuff and making it less of a bastardized game.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 12, 2010, 23:18 Frijoles

The conquest button won't let me push it. No idea why. Maybe there was no conquest going on when I checked. They sent a poll out asking if you had been playing it. I said no. The reason was, "I can't figure out how."  

2. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 12, 2010, 22:38 Nate

They haven't even offered a signup for the monthly subscription yet.

However there are lots of forum posts saying that currently, the monthly subscription isn't worth the money.

Me? I started playing Bioshock 2.

1. Re: Global Agenda Free Conquest Extended Feb 12, 2010, 20:54 Slink

In other words: "Not enough people have signed up yet. Please sign up?"  
My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo