Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: THQ Complete Pack on Steam. Save 50% Feb 14, 2010, 01:28 Narf2029

Kind of a shit deal if you own half the collection already. I'm sure plenty of extra people would buy collections if they could give the duplicate parts away. I sure would.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: THQ Complete Pack on Steam. Save 50% Feb 13, 2010, 12:26 SBlat

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2010, 03:17:
I'm afraid that they may end up lost, however. Steam is pretty stingy usually in this regard from my experience.

The only games you get to gift duplicates of are HL2, HL2: Episode 1, four-packs, and pre-order bonuses. So with the Bioshock 2 promotion, for example, you could gift Bioshock 1 (because it was a pre-order bonus), and if you bought a four-pack you could gift the duplicate Bioshock 2s.

But with normal purchases, there's no gifting of extra copies, especially when it's part of a bundle.

10. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2010, 11:27 Creston

RF guerilla kept me very well entertained for 30 odd hours. Lots of fun, if you overlook the fairly annoying infinite spawn system.

Creston

9. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2010, 05:52 Prez

RF Guerilla is great, though a bit on the easy side. Not so much the individual battles, which escalate nicely but can quickly see you cornered and facing overwhelming odds with never-ending reinforcements, but in the sense that you could wrest an area from the enemies control and still have plenty of missions that you didn't complete.

The destructible world is awesome, and easily makes up for any shortcomings in my opinion.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 13, 2010, 03:35 BobBob

Forget it. I don't like throwing money away.

By the way, the only game I'm really interested in is Red Faction Guerrilla. Is it any good?

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2010, 04:16.

7. Re: THQ Complete Pack on Steam. Save 50% Feb 13, 2010, 03:17 Prez

There's one way to fin out for sure BobBob. Put the pack in your cart and work through the checkout process up until the confirmation screen. A message will tell you if the games that are duplicates will be lost or available as gifts. It will tell you before you finalize your order.

I'm afraid that they may end up lost, however. Steam is pretty stingy usually in this regard from my experience.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: THQ Complete Pack on Steam. Save 50% Feb 13, 2010, 03:03 BobBob

Wow, that's a fantastic deal. However, if I get this and already have some games, do the remaining games become gifts or am I throwing money away?  

5. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 22:42 Narf2029

It's probably the same thing as OBSE not working with D2D's Oblivion. Apparently D2D uses their own DRM on the executable, and they are not willing to share its secrets to allow OBSE to work.  

4. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 22:32 SBlat

I think this list is missing Fallout 3 GOTY Edition on Direct2Drive, which seems to be the main game in their Valentine's Day sale (it has the biggest banner anyway). That said, I think you should probably avoid Fallout 3 on D2D since FOSE doesn't work with the D2D version, apparently. Unless there's something different about FO3 GOTY on D2D from the older non-GOTY edition on D2D.

Zadig wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 21:42:
An expansion is supposedly coming that'll fix things.

This is on reddit right now. It's in open beta for any owner of M&B to try, just copy your key into the form at http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

On steam right-click the game, select "View game CD key" to get your key.

3. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 21:57 Narf2029

It's amusing enough, especially if you find it cheap.

edit: lol @ Battlefield 942

2. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 21:42 Zadig

I enjoyed the combat and the RPG system, but the diplomacy & RTS elements are very broken and they stopped patching it long ago. An expansion is supposedly coming that'll fix things.

If all you want is "Battlefield 942", then it's fun for a week or two.

1. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 21:03 xXBatmanXx

Mount and Blade? Anyone play it?

Shit, for 5.00, they sold me.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo