Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support

After recent outcry and a petition asking 2K to add gamepad support to BioShock 2, 2K has responded saying they will not be adding support for gamepads to the underwater shooter sequel. 2K Elizabeth made the following post to the 2K Forums: "I talked to the dev team about controller support for BioShock 2, and I want to let you know that we wonít be adding this into the game in a patch. The decision not to support the controller was not made lightly, and to add it now would take a complete re-envisioning of the UI that the team worked so hard to create. Iím sorry for those of you who are disappointed, and I want you to know that your comments and concerns have been heard and will be taken in to account when we are planning in the future." Thanks nin via Kotaku.

View
8. Re: Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. Feb 12, 2010, 14:05 Kevlar

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 12:13:
Asking for this hurts PC gaming. While I would prefer that PC games support as many types of peripherals as possible, I don't like UI's, HUD's, and aiming which is designed to accomodate the limitations of a gamepad unless the game is best played with a gamepad such as an action sports title or a vehicular combat game. Since development resources are usually limited, PC gamers can't have it both ways. We can't get titles designed to accomodate the extended functionality of a PC and also expect a simplified console game for the relative few who want that. So, given the choice between a quick-and-dirty console port designed for a gamepad and a game designed for a PC's keyboard and mouse, I would prefer the latter.

So, if you want to play a PC FPS game with a gamepad, use one of the keyboard and mouse emulation utilities that come with some gamepads or a third-party one like Xpadder.

Quoted for emphasis. Agreed on every point.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 12, 12:11 Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Sleeeeepy
  2. Feb 12, 12:12  Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support swaaye
  6. Feb 12, 13:18   Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Ruffiana
  12. Feb 12, 17:52    Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Sleeeeepy
  5. Feb 12, 13:04  Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Diabolus in Musica
  3. Feb 12, 12:13 Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. I've Got The News Blues
  4. Feb 12, 12:21  Re: Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. swaaye
>> 8. Feb 12, 14:05  Re: Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. Kevlar
  9. Feb 12, 14:11   Re: Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. Mashiki Amiketo
  13. Feb 12, 18:33    Re: Don't ask for gamepad support in an FPS. Diabolus in Musica
  7. Feb 12, 13:42 Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Verno
  10. Feb 12, 14:12 Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Verno
  11. Feb 12, 16:48  Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Marvin T. Martian
  14. Feb 12, 20:00   Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Roachmojo
  15. Feb 12, 21:50    Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support The PC Warrior
  16. Feb 13, 06:08     Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Prez
  17. Feb 14, 03:57      Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Jerykk
  18. Feb 14, 21:43 Re: No BioShock 2 Gamepad Support Sepharo

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo