Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer

Star Trek Online announces the Borg update, upcoming high-level episodes that will look to assimilate players of level 43 or higher. Word is: "Previously, the Borg were thought to be severely weakened by the actions the USS Voyager, as fans of the show will remember. But in 2409, the Borg have regained and surpassed much of their old strength, and Episodes in the Borg Update will add more substance to that portion of STO’s story. Players will eventually face off against the Borg Queen, the leader of the Collective, but the road to her lair is a very dangerous path." Here are some Borg screenshots and here is a Borg faction trailer, which is embedded below.

View
13. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 09:15 JoeNapalm

cliffski wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 04:41:
A tale in the desert

Yup, the only MMO that seems to have anything original about it is Eve, and that is overcomplex and still a bit of a level grind. Still one day maybe something new will come along...

Fallen Earth is daring to be different. I love it, but at the same time I can see why it's almost totally under the radar. I think a lot of people cry for an MMO that isn't a WoW clone, but when they try something different, they complain that it's not what they expect.

I like STO, but I think with just a BIT more depth it could have been truly great. I still play, but it's more of a "hop on for an hour and play a few sectors" than the mad dash for Admiral that most of my Fleet seems to be engaged in.

I think anyone who powerlevels in STO is going to be pretty underwhelmed when they get to end game, because it's just not finished, yet. Happens in most MMOGs, really.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 11, 22:35 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Cholma
  14. Feb 12, 09:17  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Silicon Avatar
  2. Feb 11, 22:39 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  3. Feb 11, 22:57  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer n0slet
  10. Feb 12, 03:29  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer .Drifter
  11. Feb 12, 03:42   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  12. Feb 12, 04:41    Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer  cliffski 
>> 13. Feb 12, 09:15     Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer JoeNapalm
  15. Feb 12, 10:41     Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Undocumented Alien
  4. Feb 11, 23:17 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  5. Feb 11, 23:59  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Ventura
  6. Feb 12, 00:17   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Narf2029
  7. Feb 12, 00:28   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Rigs
  8. Feb 12, 00:39   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Flatline
  9. Feb 12, 01:03    Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Narf2029

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo