Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer

Star Trek Online announces the Borg update, upcoming high-level episodes that will look to assimilate players of level 43 or higher. Word is: "Previously, the Borg were thought to be severely weakened by the actions the USS Voyager, as fans of the show will remember. But in 2409, the Borg have regained and surpassed much of their old strength, and Episodes in the Borg Update will add more substance to that portion of STO’s story. Players will eventually face off against the Borg Queen, the leader of the Collective, but the road to her lair is a very dangerous path." Here are some Borg screenshots and here is a Borg faction trailer, which is embedded below.

View
8. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 00:39 Flatline

Ventura wrote on Feb 11, 2010, 23:59:
That's STO for you. I love that it's coated in Trek, but it's definitely missing something.

All these trailers seem to convey the same thing over and over again:

The aesthetic of the art design in star trek is completely gone. There's no sense of grandiose, the models are uninspired, the animations look like they're budget level, and it seems like the art team was too focused on things going "pew pew pew" and not focused enough on "boldly going where no one has gone before".

I have zero interest in the MMO. It seems to have taken everything that sucks from Star Trek and made a game from it. Maybe I'm biased, I'm one of the few who thought that Starfleet Command 2 was one of the greatest star trek games ever made (I'm an old starfleet battles fan, which is the only reason I enjoyed it). I just see none of the bits about Star Trek that I enjoy, and everything that I loathed.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 11, 22:35 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Cholma
  14. Feb 12, 09:17  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Silicon Avatar
  2. Feb 11, 22:39 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  3. Feb 11, 22:57  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer n0slet
  10. Feb 12, 03:29  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer .Drifter
  11. Feb 12, 03:42   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  12. Feb 12, 04:41    Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer  cliffski 
  13. Feb 12, 09:15     Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer JoeNapalm
  15. Feb 12, 10:41     Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Undocumented Alien
  4. Feb 11, 23:17 Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer space captain
  5. Feb 11, 23:59  Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Ventura
  6. Feb 12, 00:17   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Narf2029
  7. Feb 12, 00:28   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Rigs
>> 8. Feb 12, 00:39   Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Flatline
  9. Feb 12, 01:03    Re: Star Trek Online Borg Details, Trailer Narf2029

footer

Blue's News logo