Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 12, 2010, 14:09 Verno

S2M wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 13:55:
PHJF wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 11:33:
It's cheap and for something to have sitting next to the couch or a the breakfast table it seems ideal.

What are you, a fucking billionaire?

I like how a brand or form factor can equal extravagance.

If I used some shitty netbook for the purpose nobody would bat an eyelid. But if its Apple and a tablet I am slathered in luxury. Yet it is the same damn price.

No it's not. A cheap netbook used to do simple tasks like you're talking about is not $499.99 unless you are shopping for extravagance. It is a luxury, simply not one you should feel the need to justify to others unless you're purchasing it for reasons other than you are admitting. You can spend a lot less money for reasonably close functionality but you choose not to. There's nothing wrong with that, I know people who know nothing about cars yet buy expensive ones just for the social status appeal and extravagance.

When you buy Apple, you pay for the extravagance before the functionality is the point. I don't know why you think this is a negative thing, that just tells me you care too much about what others think. It's your money and your computer, do whatever the hell you want to. If you want a little touch interface thing then whatever. I think it's silly considering the restrictions and platform lock-in but again, it's your cash.

Incidentally, the iPad isn't so overpriced that it's some exclusive yuppie playtoy or something, that's not what people are necessarily implying. People dislike the iPad because it's a heavily restricted little Apple interface where they have all the control over it and you have none. It doesn't even have a USB port which if you consider the prevalence of USB devices should tell you a lot about Apple's intent with the device.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 12, 2010, 13:55 S2M

PHJF wrote on Feb 12, 2010, 11:33:
It's cheap and for something to have sitting next to the couch or a the breakfast table it seems ideal.

I like how a brand or form factor can equal extravagance.

If I used some shitty netbook for the purpose nobody would bat an eyelid. But if its Apple and a tablet I am slathered in luxury. Yet it is the same damn price.

The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 12, 2010, 11:33 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 12, 2010, 08:02 space captain

I don't understand all the vitriol for the iPad.

its a giant ipod touch. granted, i didnt really have any expectations about it - dont want one, dont really care what its got

you dont understand because you cant step out of yourself and into someone elses shoes, someone who perhaps worships apple and had gargantuan expectations of a world-changing technology

that skill is handy btw - you should check it out

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 12, 2010, 06:54 S2M

I don't understand all the vitriol for the iPad. It's cheap and for something to have sitting next to the couch or a the breakfast table it seems ideal.  
The thickness of your ignorance, it's like a fucking shield that repulses insight.

3. Re: Does Apple’s iPad Prove We’re Too Gullible? Feb 12, 2010, 03:34 .Drifter

My first thought on seeing an iPad was: Wow, it that an over sized iPod touch prop for a comedy skit?  

2. Re: Does Apple’s iPad Prove We’re Too Gullible? Feb 11, 2010, 23:38 Narf2029

I applaud the iPad. It's managed to do what no other Apple product has done - get Apple's customers to question them. Every time I read someone's review or discussion where they ask "What is the iPad beyond being a larger iPhone?" I smile. Looking at its capabilities I'm astounded that anyone would consider getting one. The majority of Apple customers will still blindly grab it because it says Apple on it, but Apple has finally knocked a tiny crack into the ice they've been standing on all this time.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

1. Does Apple’s iPad Prove We’re Too Gullible? Feb 11, 2010, 23:21 space captain

the entire fucking world proves it

but hey champ - keep drinking milk and you will grow up big and strong one day

Go forth, and kill!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo